Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for bash to cshell convertor Post 302495000 by lio123 on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 05:09:59 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Searching for bash to cshell convertor

Hi ,I have seen this comverters before ,but I was searching today and I can not find them .Is anybody used them before .Any recomendations
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to C convertor

Is there one out there that supports Perl/Tk ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
5 Replies

2. Programming

Binary to Text Convertor

Hey Im starting out in C just recently and Im needing a string that converts binary to text, The only way i know of doing this without knowledge of C entirely. Is Making a sorta of library of the entire alphabet in binary for the program to select the text from it to display a sentence. If that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01doublehelix10
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Bash Arrays

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. I would like to execute a statement only if an array contains a specific value. For example: array=(1 3 5 7) I would like to execute the statement only if the value 3 is present in ${array}. Thanks for any help, Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

web to wap convertor

cld someone suggest a good web to wap convertor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viapillai
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for searching a string

Hi, I have a file that contains thousands of records. Each record starts with "New Record". I need to search this file based on a given value of "timestamp" and write all the records that match this timestamp into a new file. I was able to locate the existence of a given value of timestamp using... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoponek
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing fast searching operations with a bash script

Hi, Here is a tough requirement , to be served by bash script. I want to perform 3,00,000 * 10,000 searches. i.e. I have 10,000 doc files and 3,00,000 html files in the file-system. I want to check, which of the doc files are referred in any html files. (ex- <a href="abc.doc">abc</a>)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

20th based convertor

Hi, I'm new at Linux shell programming so I could use some help. I need to make a 20thdecimal convertor. Is just like hexadecimal, the only difference is that hexadecimal goes from 1-9 and A-F, and I need this one to go from 1-9 and A-J. I got some already but I get endless loop, please take a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Reverse a sentence in linux ? (bash/cshell)

hey all, If I have the given sentence. I like bobo. How could I reverse it to be : .bobo like I I am NOT talking about reversing words or characters by using rev. I am talking about reversing the whole sentence(placement of words in the given sentence). thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a member of an arrray Bash 3.2 with a @..

Creating the array. while read line do array+=("$line") done < "$temporary_file" This is the basic idea, but not working at the moment. It just seems to be returning "No such file or directory" for each array member for (( i = 0 ; i < "${#array}"; i++ )); do if grep "@"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
7 Replies
STR_WORD_COUNT(3)							 1							 STR_WORD_COUNT(3)

str_word_count - Return information about words used in a string

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_word_count (string $string, [int $format], [string $charlist]) DESCRIPTION
Counts the number of words inside $string. If the optional $format is not specified, then the return value will be an integer representing the number of words found. In the event the $format is specified, the return value will be an array, content of which is dependent on the $format. The possible value for the $format and the resultant outputs are listed below. For the purpose of this function, 'word' is defined as a locale dependent string containing alphabetic characters, which also may contain, but not start with "'" and "-" characters. PARAMETERS
o $string - The string o $format - Specify the return value of this function. The current supported values are: o 0 - returns the number of words found o 1 - returns an array containing all the words found inside the $string o 2 - returns an associative array, where the key is the numeric position of the word inside the $string and the value is the actual word itself o $charlist - A list of additional characters which will be considered as 'word' RETURN VALUES
Returns an array or an integer, depending on the $format chosen. CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Added the $charlist parameter | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A str_word_count(3) example <?php $str = "Hello fri3nd, you're looking good today!"; print_r(str_word_count($str, 1)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 2)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 1, 'aaac3')); echo str_word_count($str); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri [2] => nd [3] => you're [4] => looking [5] => good [6] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [6] => fri [10] => nd [14] => you're [29] => looking [46] => good [51] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri3nd [2] => you're [3] => looking [4] => good [5] => today ) 7 SEE ALSO
explode(3), preg_split(3), split(3), count_chars(3), substr_count(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_WORD_COUNT(3)