Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Beginner: Count & Sort Using Array's Post 302494994 by BigTOE on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 06:26:28 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Haha yeah it works, I already put in the '.txt' and the correct paths.

just dont know how it works...

---------- Post updated at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:34 AM ----------

OK,

remember how i said there is a Master file...

and from this i strip data out to produce another file...

and from this i strip more data out to get Mainfile.txt

and when i ran the array it somehow looked in Mainfile.txt and it all tallied up correctly.

well now i've tried using a different Master file. All the changes filter through all subsequent steps until it gets to the array part - and it is still outputting the same data as before Smilie .i.e it is still looking in the same place for it's data.

Is there any way i can explicitly state to look in mainfile.txt?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and count using AWK

Hi, I've a fixed width file where I need to count the number of patterns from each line between characters 1 to 15 . so can we sort them and get a count for each pattern on the file between 1 to 15 characters. 65795648617522383763831552 410828003265795648 6175223837... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort by count

Hello! I have a file with 4 columns. I am trying to have it sort first with respect to the first column, and then with respect to the number of counts (in descending count) in the second column within the same first column identity. For example: Input: 1 2 A 1 1 6 B 2 2 5 G 7 1 6 D 4 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anchuz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort with respect to count

Hello! I have a file with 4 columns. I am trying to have it sort first with respect to the first column, and then with respect to the number of counts (in descending count) in the second column within the same first column identity. For example: Input: 1 2 A 1 1 6 B 2 2 5 G 7 1 6 D 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anchuz
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a the file & refine data column & row format

cat file1.txt field1 "user1": field2:"data-cde" field3:"data-pqr" field4:"data-mno" field1 "user1": field2:"data-dcb" field3:"data-mxz" field4:"data-zul" field1 "user2": field2:"data-cqz" field3:"data-xoq" field4:"data-pos" Now i need to have the date like below. i have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Beginner's questions] Filename Validation & Parsing

Hi !! I'm rather new both to the UNIX and scripting worlds, and I'm learning the ropes of scripting. Having said this, please excuse me if you notice certain basic errors. I'm working on a script that implements .jar and .war files for a WAS environment and I need to perform certain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: levaldez
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Count and Array Copy help

Hi all, I have the code as below " echo "File carried list after 1st loop "${fileStreamAssiagnInit}"" and I have the out put for the above code as below : Output : File carried list after 1st loop abcInd.csv sdgUS.csv sopSing.csv Here i want to count the number of elements in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move & Sort by Name - Kick out Bad File Names & More

I have a dilemma, we have users who are copying files to "directory 1." These images have file names which include the year it was taken. I need to put together a script to do the following: Examine the file naming convention, ensuring it's the proper format (e.g. test-1983_filename-123.tif)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Difference of Sort -n -k2 -k3 & Sort -n -k2,3

Hi, Could anyone kindly show me a link or explain the difference between sort -n -k2 -k3 & sort -n -k2,3 Also, if I like to remove the row with repetition at both $2 and $3, Can I safely use sort -u -k2 -k3 Example; 100 20 30 100 20 30 So, both $2 and $3 are same and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort multidimensional Array

Hello I have a problem. I create a Multidimensional Array Like this: ENTRY="$kunnum-$host" ENTRY="$host" ENTRY="# $3" for key in "${!ENTRY}"; do ENTRIES=${ENTRY} # INDEX=IP(5) donedeclare -p declare -A ENTRIES=(="unas15533" ="unas" ="# RDP-Terminal 2"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
12 Replies

10. Solaris

Connection Logging in Solaris 10 & 11 - Beginner

Excuse my ignorance as I am very new to working with Solaris. I'm looking for documentation on how to create a network log in Solaris 10 & 11. I don't wish to edit any of the logs currently the system. I simply want a log that will capture all incoming IP addresses and log them with a time-in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FamousAv8er
8 Replies
h5jam(1)						      General Commands Manual							  h5jam(1)

NAME
h5jam - Add a user block to a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5jam -u user_block -i in_file.h5 [-o out_file.h5] [--clobber] DESCRIPTION
h5jam concatenates a user_block file and an HDF5 file to create an HDF5 file with a user block. The user block can be either binary or text. The output file is padded so that the HDF5 header begins on byte 512, 1024, etc.. (See the HDF5 File Format.) If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the user_block followed by the contents of in_file.h5. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is added to in_file.h5. If in_file.h5 already has a user block, the contents of user_block will be added to the end of the existing user block, and the file shifted to the next boundary. If --clobber is set, any existing user block will be overwritten. EXAMPLE USAGE
Create new file, newfile.h5, with the text in file mytext.txt as the user block for the HDF5 file file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 -o newfile.h5 Add text in file mytext.txt to front of HDF5 dataset, file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 Overwrite the user block (if any) in file.h5 with the contents of mytext.txt. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 --clobber RETURN VALUE
h5jam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5unjam(1). h5jam(1)