Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers error while running nm command Post 302494963 by yatrik007 on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 02:05:41 AM
Old 02-09-2011
error while running nm command

I am running nm for a file.
the command is
Code:
nm -f libC.a

but it gives below error
Code:
nm: libC.a[ansi_64.imp]: 0654-203 Specify an XCOFF object module.

any solution ?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use [code] and [/code] tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-09-2011 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error when running the make command

Hi, Not really sure whether this question should go to this forum but am giving it a shot. I have compiled a simple C program test.c. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> static int a; int test() { a=a+1; return a; } When I run a make command, I get this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
2 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

4. AIX

Error running the history command

When I try to run the history command from the prompt i get the following error: $ history ksh: cd: 0403-011 The specified substitution is not valid for this command. ON running history with a parameter I get the following $ history -10 ksh: cd: 0403-008 The number of parameters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting syntax error while running awk command

Hello Gurus, I am firing the below command : df -g | grep -v var| awk '{ (if $4 > 90% ) print "Filesystem", $NF,"over sized";}' But I am getting the below error:- ====== syntax error The source line is 1. The error context is {if ($4 > >>> 90%) <<< awk: The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Library file error while running command

I am running a command in Solaris non-global zone and it is complaining for a library file, while that is already preset in server. mwcontrol: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/openwin/lib/locale/common/xlibi18n.so.2: symbol _XlcAddUtf8Converters: referenced symbol not found # ls -l... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
15 Replies

8. Red Hat

FATAL: Error running install command for binfmt_0000

Hi, Firstly, I want to say hello to all of you guys. My first post here... I have issue with CentOS and I hope that there is someone who can help or even explain what could cause this kind of situation. I have installed CentOS 5.7 x86_64 into Hyper-V (Windows Server 2012 R2) environment. After... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigolos
0 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
xmonad(1)							   xmonad manual							 xmonad(1)

Name
       xmonad - a tiling window manager

Description
       xmonad  is  a minimalist tiling window manager for X, written in Haskell.  Windows are managed using automatic layout algorithms, which can
       be dynamically reconfigured.  At any time windows are arranged so as to maximize the use of screen real estate.	All features of the window
       manager	are  accessible  purely from the keyboard: a mouse is entirely optional.  xmonad is configured in Haskell, and custom layout algo-
       rithms may be implemented by the user in config files.  A principle of xmonad is predictability: the user should know in advance  precisely
       the window arrangement that will result from any action.

By  default,  xmonad  provides three layout algorithms: tall, wide and fullscreen.  In tall or wide mode, windows are tiled and arranged to
       prevent overlap and maximize screen use.  Sets of windows are grouped together on virtual screens, and each screen retains its own  layout,
       which may be reconfigured dynamically.  Multiple physical monitors are supported via Xinerama, allowing simultaneous display of a number of
       screens.

By utilizing the expressivity of a modern functional language with a rich static type system, xmonad provides a complete, featureful window
       manager	in  less  than	1200 lines of code, with an emphasis on correctness and robustness.  Internal properties of the window manager are
       checked using a combination of static guarantees provided by the type system, and type-based automated testing.	A benefit of this is  that
       the code is simple to understand, and easy to modify.

Usage
       xmonad  places  each  window  into a "workspace".  Each workspace can have any number of windows, which you can cycle though with mod-j and
       mod-k.  Windows are either displayed full screen, tiled horizontally, or tiled vertically.  You can toggle the layout mode with	mod-space,
       which will cycle through the available modes.

You  can switch to workspace N with mod-N.  For example, to switch to workspace 5, you would press mod-5.  Similarly, you can move the cur-
       rent window to another workspace with mod-shift-N.

When running with multiple monitors (Xinerama), each screen has exactly 1 workspace visible.  mod-{w,e,r} switch the focus between screens,
       while  shift-mod-{w,e,r}  move the current window to that screen.  When xmonad starts, workspace 1 is on screen 1, workspace 2 is on screen
       2, etc.	When switching workspaces to one that is already visible, the current and visible workspaces are swapped.

Flags
       xmonad has several flags which you may pass to the executable.  These flags are:

--recompile
	      Recompiles your configuration in ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs

--restart
	      Causes the currently running xmonad process to restart

--replace
	      Replace the current window manager with xmonad

--version
	      Display version of xmonad

--verbose-version
	      Display detailed version of xmonad

Default keyboard bindings
       mod-shift-return
	      Launch terminal

mod-p  Launch dmenu

mod-shift-p
	      Launch gmrun

mod-shift-c
	      Close the focused window

mod-space
	      Rotate through the available layout algorithms

mod-shift-space
	      Reset the layouts on the current workspace to default

mod-n  Resize viewed windows to the correct size

mod-tab
	      Move focus to the next window

mod-shift-tab
	      Move focus to the previous window

mod-j  Move focus to the next window

mod-k  Move focus to the previous window

mod-m  Move focus to the master window

mod-return
	      Swap the focused window and the master window

mod-shift-j
	      Swap the focused window with the next window

mod-shift-k
	      Swap the focused window with the previous window

mod-h  Shrink the master area

mod-l  Expand the master area

mod-t  Push window back into tiling

mod-comma
	      Increment the number of windows in the master area

mod-period
	      Deincrement the number of windows in the master area

mod-b  Toggle the status bar gap

mod-shift-q
	      Quit xmonad

mod-q  Restart xmonad

mod-[1..9]
	      Switch to workspace N

mod-shift-[1..9]
	      Move client to workspace N

mod-{w,e,r}
	      Switch to physical/Xinerama screens 1, 2, or 3

mod-shift-{w,e,r}
	      Move client to screen 1, 2, or 3

mod-button1
	      Set the window to floating mode and move by dragging

mod-button2
	      Raise the window to the top of the stack

mod-button3
	      Set the window to floating mode and resize by dragging

Examples
       To use xmonad as your window manager add to your ~/.xinitrc file:

exec xmonad

Customization
       xmonad is customized in ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs, and then restarting with mod-q.

You can find many extensions to the core feature set in the xmonad- contrib  package,  available  through  your	package  manager  or  from
       xmonad.org (http://xmonad.org).

Modular Configuration
       As  of  xmonad-0.9, any additional Haskell modules may be placed in ~/.xmonad/lib/ are available in GHC's searchpath.  Hierarchical modules
       are supported: for example, the file ~/.xmonad/lib/XMonad/Stack/MyAdditions.hs could contain:

module XMonad.Stack.MyAdditions (function1) where
		  function1 = error "function1: Not implemented yet!"

Your xmonad.hs may then import XMonad.Stack.MyAdditions as if that module was contained within xmonad or xmonad-contrib.

Bugs
       Probably.  If you find any, please report them to the bugtracker (http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/list)

xmonad-0.10							   25 October 09							 xmonad(1)