Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [Solved] Cannot Connect to Shared Drives Post 302494937 by frank_rizzo on Tuesday 8th of February 2011 11:16:25 PM
Old 02-09-2011
I personally would build my own version of samba and not rely the vendor packaged ones. glad you figured it out though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX

hi how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
0 Replies

2. Programming

Shared memory in shared library

I need to create a shared library to access an in memory DB. The DB is not huge, but big enough to make it cumbersome to carry around in every single process using the shared library. Luckily, it is pretty static information, so I don't need to worry much about synchronizing the data between... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to connect the shared folder

Hello, I am using unix through cygwin application in my office machine and here i encounter a problem which i want copy certain big files from a shared folder shared folder--\\Parwvm000154\docs to my local machine c:/ I'm really honor if i clarified with the command. Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Box with a new MAC address can't connect to the internet

Hi, i replaced one of my UNIX machines last week, the old box had an external IP address before. Everything is the same as the previous box and the only difference is the new one has a different MAC address (of course, since the mother boards are different). The problem is the new machine can't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tezarin
2 Replies

6. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL (POSIX and NFSv4) Support over NFS shared drives on different Unix platforms

Hello, I have a question regarding ACLs and their availability across different Unix platforms via NFS share. If I have an AIX/FreeBSD/Solaris/HP-UX client that has an nfs share from a different system mounted on it, will the ACLs on the nfs share be processed properly? My guess is that as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

[Solved] How to connect DB2 from UNIX shell script?

Hi all, I have a requirement to connect DB2 database and do some operations and generate a report through shell script. Can anyone please tell me how can i connect DB2 from unix shell script? Thanks in ADV. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

10. AIX

Connect from AIX 5.x to windows Server 2000 Shared Folder

Hi, I followed this procedure in order to mount in AIX a shared folder in windows server 2000. https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1012550 Ive tested the shared folder from other windows Server, and its fine. What Ive do in AIX is: Logon as root Under /Home/spss/ I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
2 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)						    System Administration tools 					      TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 TDBBACKUP(8)