Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete between two words
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete between two words Post 302494840 by durden_tyler on Tuesday 8th of February 2011 03:18:08 PM
Old 02-08-2011
Code:
$
$
$ echo $LINE
I read gihoihsahkjlk write goal hard read hsakdjhkh write work read hlkhlkhlkh write
$
$
$ echo $LINE | perl -plne 's/read.*?write/write/g'
I write goal hard write work write
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines that contain 3 or more words?

How can I delete lines that contain 3 or more words? I have a file, old.txt, that has multi-word phrases in it and I want to remove the lines with 3 words or more and send the output to new.txt. I've tried the following using sed but it doesn't seem to work: sed '/(\b\w+\b){3,}/d' old.txt >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: revax
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed [delete everything between two words]

Hi, I have the following codes below that aims to delete every words between two pattern word. Say I have the files To delete every word between WISH_LIST=" and " I used the below codes (but its not working): #!/bin/sh sed ' /WISH_LIST=\"/ { N /\n.*\"/ {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete first 10 words from file

Hi, Could you please let me know, how to delete first 10 words from text files using vi? 10dw will delete it from current line, how to do it for all the lines from file? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i delete words based on search

hi, I have a doubt. how we can remove few words based on search. here im specifying my requirement with example. ALL the words should delete between two words ... those words will ends ** EX : cat infile.txt "HI",ob1**,ob2,ob3,ob4**,ob5,ob6 OUTPUT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to delete words in a file

Hi All, I have an input file a.txt which contains the following :: 08-08-09 1:00 PM 763763762 f00_unix1_server.txt i Just need to delete all the words which is before f Output :: f00_unix1_server.txt Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to Delete Words in a File

This is a Nagios situation. So i have a list of servers in one file called Servers.txt And in another file called hostgroups.cfg, i want to remove each and every one of the servers in the Servers.txt file. The problem is, the script I wrote is having a problem removing the exact servers in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - delete words between two possible words

Hi all, I want to make an script using sed that removes everything between 'begin' (including the line that has it) and 'end1' or 'end2', not removing this line. Let me paste an 2 examples: anything before any string begin few lines of content end1 anything after anything before any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meuser
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete all words not containing letter /s/

I have a word file that looks like: pens binder spiral user I want to delete all the words without the letter /s/, so output looks like: pens spiral user I tried using sed: sed '//d' infile.txt > out.txt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete some words

hi, i have a fasta file like this: >contig00003 length=363 numreads=45 gene=isogroup00001 status=it_thresh GATTTTTTACCCTGGGAGTGAGGAGGACGAGGTTGAGGATGAAGAAAAGAGAAAGATGAAGAGGTTGAGGATGTT GTAGTCGGCGGTGGAATTAGGGGGAGCCGGCGAGCCCAAGTATTTTGCAGAGGTGTCTTCATCATCCAAACAACA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete between two words

So;C951;1;2;0;100;true;SNetwork=ORM_RO_MO_R,MeCext=C5951,ManagedElement=1,vsDaFunction=1;473;12;EEE So;C951;2;2;0;100;true;SNetwork=ORM_RO_MO_R,MeCext=L5921,ManagedElement=1,vsDaFunction=4;481;12;EEE Output:- So;C951;1;2;0;100;true;1;473;12;EEE So;C951;2;2;0;100;true;4;481;12;EEE Output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
7 Replies
pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T)												 pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_wrlock(), pthread_rwlock_trywrlock() - lock or attempt to lock a read-write lock for writing SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
rwlock Pointer to the read-write lock to be locked for writing. DESCRIPTION
The function applies a write lock to the read-write lock object referenced by rwlock. The calling thread acquires the write lock if no other thread (reader or writer) holds the read-write lock rwlock. Otherwise, the thread blocks (that is, it does not return from the call) until it can acquire the lock. Results are undefined if the calling thread holds the read-write lock (whether a read or a write lock) at the time the call is made. The function applies a write lock as in the function with the exception that the function fails if any thread currently holds rwlock (for reading or writing). Results are undefined if any of these functions are called with an uninitialized read-write lock. If a signal is delivered to a thread waiting for a read-write lock, upon return from the signal handler, the thread shall resume waiting for the read-write lock as if it was not interrupted. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EBUSY] The read-write lock rwlock could not be acquired for writing because it was already locked for reading or writing. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an initialized read-write lock. [EDEADLK] The current thread already owns the read-write lock for reading or writing. AUTHOR
and were developed by X/Open. SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_init(3T), pthread_rwlock_destroy(3T), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T)