Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Write own decryption application Post 302494751 by caciing_help on Tuesday 8th of February 2011 09:03:36 AM
Old 02-08-2011
OK, have now install module and correct version of Perl.

But am now totally stuck.

Reading "if you can use perl, CPAN module Crypt::CBC would be helpful" it does not really give me an example on how to decyrpt a file for my specifications. any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decryption software

whats the most sufficient way to make decryption software? What are the recoomendations for one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phatress
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

which port to write my server application?

I want to write a server application that would accept HTTP requests from client. The server would be on a machine that has no connection to the INTERNET. The clients that would be posting their HTTP requests would be doing so through webbrowser .Thus it would be sort of intranet application.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
0 Replies

3. Programming

how to write application for 32 com port

Dear Sir, i m going to use NP5610-16 moxa device for multiport serial communication. i m using fedora-core 6 o.s. after installation it will detect serial ports as /dev/ttyr0,/dev/ttyr1...ttyr32. there are total 32 com ports. now i want to write application which monitor all serial ports and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password decryption

Hi, I don't know if I am in a correct category with my question. I want to know what decryption-method is used for this password: (1) The first stadium is (its stored in the settings.xml of my software):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mogli1977
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

decryption issue!

Hi, Something bizarre is happening while decrypting the files. I had a decrypt script which was working smoothly on uname -a Linux ######### 2.6.9-89.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Apr 20 10:33:05 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux After the front-end application was moved to uname -a Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file

Hi i have the path for encrytion file in unix and i want to decrypt the .cpt file in unix and change the password how can i do that . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String encryption and decryption

Hello All, There are so many questions on this and I didn't find any concluded answer. I want to encrypt a string in the script, actually this is a password. I tried using openssl (I am a newbie to openssl), but it is generating a long one which we can't remember. I want to encrypt the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
5 Replies

9. Web Development

Apache2 web application- Submit button - write data into a file

Hello, I am newbie on php-mysql and just know only installation. I have an apache2+php5+mysql installed VPS. What I would like to do is that when visitor enters requested data shown in index.html, submit button will run a script to save each field into a file. Here is an example shown in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write if condition in shell script for application server?

Hi all, I have a code to create folder in application server through shell script and i want to create if conditional based folder folder=$HOME/test/sample/whatever if ; then echo "$folder already exists, not created." else mkdir -p "$folder" > /dev/null 2>&1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
7 Replies
Rijndael(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Rijndael(3pm)

NAME
Crypt::Rijndael - Crypt::CBC compliant Rijndael encryption module SYNOPSIS
use Crypt::Rijndael; # keysize() is 32, but 24 and 16 are also possible # blocksize() is 16 $cipher = Crypt::Rijndael->new( "a" x 32, Crypt::Rijndael::MODE_CBC() ); $cipher->set_iv($iv); $crypted = $cipher->encrypt($plaintext); # - OR - $plaintext = $cipher->decrypt($crypted); DESCRIPTION
This module implements the Rijndael cipher, which has just been selected as the Advanced Encryption Standard. keysize Returns the keysize, which is 32 (bytes). The Rijndael cipher actually supports keylengths of 16, 24 or 32 bytes, but there is no way to communicate this to "Crypt::CBC". blocksize The blocksize for Rijndael is 16 bytes (128 bits), although the algorithm actually supports any blocksize that is any multiple of our bytes. 128 bits, is however, the AES-specified block size, so this is all we support. $cipher = Crypt::Rijndael->new( $key [, $mode] ) Create a new "Crypt::Rijndael" cipher object with the given key (which must be 128, 192 or 256 bits long). The additional $mode argument is the encryption mode, either "MODE_ECB" (electronic codebook mode, the default), "MODE_CBC" (cipher block chaining, the same that "Crypt::CBC" does), "MODE_CFB" (128-bit cipher feedback), "MODE_OFB" (128-bit output feedback), or "MODE_CTR" (counter mode). ECB mode is very insecure (read a book on cryptography if you dont know why!), so you should probably use CBC mode. $cipher->set_iv($iv) This allows you to change the initial value vector used by the chaining modes. It is not relevant for ECB mode. $cipher->encrypt($data) Encrypt data. The size of $data must be a multiple of "blocksize" (16 bytes), otherwise this function will croak. Apart from that, it can be of (almost) any length. $cipher->decrypt($data) Decrypts $data. Encryption modes Use these constants to select the cipher type: MODE_CBC - Cipher Block Chaining MODE_CFB - Cipher feedback MODE_CTR - Counter mode MODE_ECB - Electronic cookbook mode MODE_OFB - Output feedback MODE_PCBC - ignore this one for now :) SEE ALSO
Crypt::CBC, http://www.csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/ BUGS
Should EXPORT or EXPORT_OK the MODE constants. AUTHOR
Currently maintained by brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>". Original code by Rafael R. Sevilla. The Rijndael Algorithm was developed by Vincent Rijmen and Joan Daemen, and has been selected as the US Government's Advanced Encryption Standard. SOURCE
This code is in Github: git://github.com/briandfoy/crypt-rijndael.git LICENSE
This software is licensed under the Lesser GNU Public License. See the included COPYING file for details. perl v5.14.2 2009-12-10 Rijndael(3pm)