Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to execute a command in Cygwin? Post 302494652 by Kiran S on Tuesday 8th of February 2011 02:07:36 AM
Old 02-08-2011
How to execute a command in Cygwin?

Hi,
I have installed CYGWIN software in my system, can anyone suggest me how to run cat command in this software ?
when i attempt to execute this command-
$ cat /cygdrive/c/Program\Files/hello.txt.
Result: No such file or directory.

Please let me know how to execute.

Regards,
Kiran.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed command in cygwin

I am new to unix and lerning tru cygwin (unix simulation on windows) i am trying to lern sed command and want to interchange first and second no in a string. What i mean is i want gauri 1234 556 to gauri 556 1234 i am getting the following error $ echo gauri 1234 556 | sed s/\(*\)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri_agr
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use route command on SuSE & Cygwin

If I'm at a wireless cafe running SuSE and I want to read my mail but the wireless cafe blocks port 25 for smtp but I have a VPN connection to my home machine, how do I use the "route" command. If I'm at home on my windows machine and have a VPN connection to another network, can I use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin and remote find command problem

Sir, I want to get all the files in directory on a remote server which are dated newer than a specified file. I have ssh running and the command I am using is : for file_name in `ssh userid@IP find "/cygdrive/d/oracle/oradata/db/archive" -newer "1_44.DBF" -name '*.DBF' -type f -print | xargs -r... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakod1
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Output of ls command on Cygwin

what does the '+' sign stand for on the output of ls command on cygwin? -rw-------+ 1 milhan None 146783 Jun 19 12:10 schedule.pdf -rw-------+ 1 milhan None 320 Aug 15 17:14 current.txt -rw------- 1 milhan None 24576 Dec 28 2008 fdfd.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell with cygwin

Hi everybody, I would like to execute a shell in windows. So I installed Cygwin but I got this message : $ sh /neuf.sh start % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytrax
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fixing Cygwin Command Line

How do I change my command line to the standard appearance? (i.e.: The pwd is listed in green above the actual command line). Mine looks like http://sites.google.com/site/flcl178/Cygwin_Window_1.png and I want it to look like this http://sites.google.com/site/flcl178/cygwinLinkSetup.gif ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LanguidLegend
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash command in makefile (cygwin)

Hello, In my make file (make 3.81), I use a combination of shell commands to automatically create the name of my build directory. OS := $(shell uname -s) ARCH := $(shell uname -m) KERN := $(shell uname -r | cut -d. -f 1,2) BDIR := $(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)When I boot into different OSs, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin - cannot execute binary file

Hey all, I am using Cygwin on a machine running windows 7 64bits. I am about to use the following command: $ faToTwoBit in.fa out.2bit In the manual on sourceforge it mentioned: "Download blat and faToTwoBit and set the blat_bin and fatotwobit_bin entries in config.txt to the fully... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX server from Cygwin

Hi All, We have shell scripts in UNIX ( Sun OS ) server. Also in my windows machine i have Cygwin installed. Now is there a way to execute Shell script available in UNIX server from Cygwin? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command awk under CYGWIN

One my friend wrote one script on his machine linux, when I try to use it under cygwin I recive one error about the command awk. Is there someone can suggest me the way to fix the error? The script is wrote using gawk and I have no idea what kind of comand is used by cygwin. This is the script:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
8 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)