Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Problem with nfs exports between 5.0.5 and 5.0.7 Post 302494527 by DGPickett on Monday 7th of February 2011 02:06:23 PM
Old 02-07-2011
Does this OS have truss/tusc/strace, that you can find the call that got errno 45? My errno.h says 45 is deadlock, so it might be refusing flock() calls. Locking on NFS can be a problem area.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Problem

For having shared file system i've been using nfs ,but regarding this i've some problem ,when i execute "df -ak" i can see the shared file system & i can also go there & list files ,but when i want to create anything in this area (Incld. file ,dir ....) i get permission denied. (i've shared related... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/exports

i have the following entry in /etc/exports which is /opt/hpxt. i am on hpux b11.0.0 questions 1) is /hpxt in the same physical machine? got confused by the meaning of export. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nfs exports and netmask option

Setting up nfs on a redhat ES 4 gives me following issue that i can't explain. My nfs was working perfect whith following /etc/exports on the server /home/test/nfstest 198.9.200.227(rw,sync,no_root_squash) But after a powerloss and restart of the server it only works with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
0 Replies

4. AIX

nfs problem...

Got a prob.. I am trying to export a directory and mount it on to a server using NFS. My exporting goes fine as I am able to see the shares through "exportfs -v" But when I am trying to mount the directory on a the client.. I get an error.. "system call error number - 1" pls help.... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto Simplify/Factorize Exports in .bash_profile

Dear expert, My .bash_profile contain the following lines: # User specific environment and startup programs export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.libstree/include"; export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.libstree/lib"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/libstree-0.4.2/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto Simplify Multiple Exports in .bash_profile

Dear expert, My .bash_profile contain the following lines: # User specific environment and startup programs export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.libstree/include"; export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.libstree/lib"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/libstree-0.4.2/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

7. Programming

Listing function exports from object file

Is it possible to view all the functions exported by a given object file? "dump -tv" comes the closest, but what exactly am I looking for to determine whether the symbol exists in the object file? Essentially, I have a library that requires a call to "xdr_sizeof" and the compile is failing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Exports file

Why can I not add more than 1 filesystem to the /etc/exports file and export them via smitty, or command line? I have tried, I stopped the NFS daemons, edited the /etc/exports file by hand, saved it, then re-started NFS, but it only still exports the first line in the exports file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
4 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with NFS

Hello everyone I need to share a file system with two Aix boxes, the version is 5.3 tl9. I create the nfs and I can see the files from both servers, but the problem with one of them is that I can write on the file or If I create a new one I canīt. On the server that I create the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS not showing under /etc/fstab nor /etc/exports

Hi guys, I was asked to perform the following: On server usdfslpsap04 following NFS mounts should be disabled usdfslpwmt3:/u01/opt/wm6_data/ebiz_edi/CALIBER_data 50412232 13369544 34481872 28% /u01/opt/wm6_data/ebiz_edi/CALIBER_data usauxoradw:/DWH/Transfer/current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)