Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HOW to run a bash-code in a c-shell script ?? Post 302494450 by Perderabo on Monday 7th of February 2011 10:47:44 AM
Old 02-07-2011
Try this:
Code:
#!/bin/csh -f
echo " -- starting $0 --"
echo " .. before executing bash-code : "

/bin/bash  <<"#END"
  pair=123-456
      aRID=${pair%-*}
      iRID=${pair#*-}
  echo " aRID=$aRID; iRID=$iRID "
#END

This User Gave Thanks to Perderabo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl code within a shell script...?

Hi, I have a sheel script that invokes a perl script...Now, instead havin the perl script as a separate file I'd like put the contents in the sheel script itself...But I am not sure how ro run that perl script contents.please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcl script wont run in bash shell

Hello I'm having a problem running a TCL script in my new OpenSolaris OS. When I go to the directory containing my script called 'Install' (using the gnome terminal), it doesn't seem to be able to find it even though it lists it i.e. if I type "Inst" and hit tab to complete the word, it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbsbg
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a bash script in csh shell?

Hi how to execute a bash script in csh shell? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubinovito
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a bash or shell script run as daemon?

Say i have a simple example: root@server # cat /root/scripts/test.sh while sleep 5 do echo "how are u mate" >> /root/scripts/test.log done root@server # Instead of using rc.local to start or another script to check status, I would like make it as daemon, where i can do the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run ksh script in bash shell?

Hi All, I have few bash shell scripts which depends on one Ksh shell script. When i run bash shell scripts, it shows error as bad interpretor : ksh no such bad file or directory. When i tried to install ksh shell, it is not downloading too. If I remove !/bin/ksh command in starting line of the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthik03
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code will not run

Why doesn't the code below run? Am I missing something? Thank you :). syntax() { printf "\n\n" printf "Enter HGVS description of variant(s): "; IFS="," read -a hgvs && printf "\n Nothijng entered. Leaving match function." && sleep 2 && return for ((i=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)