Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on find -mtime -exec
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on find -mtime -exec Post 302494419 by drbiloukos on Monday 7th of February 2011 08:44:20 AM
Old 02-07-2011
Thank you. I just figured out that the required files cannot be compressed :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find . -mtime

...what am i doing wrong?? I need to find all files older than 30 days and delete but I can't get it to pull details for ANY + times. The file below has a time stamp which is older than 1 day, however if I try and select it using any of the -time flags it just doesn't see it. (the same thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat8
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with find and mtime

I am using HP-UNIX , The below command doesnt display anything although i have changed a file in the directory by toutch -t 200010101800 nfile find /tmp/transfer/ -name "*.*" -mtime +1 Any problrm with the find command i written . .Please help ??.. Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime query

Hello everyone, I have got two queries: 1) I want to do some work on files that were last modified yesterday. Will find ... -mtime -2 be correct or -mtime-1? 2)What about finding files that were modified today? Will it be -mtime -0 or -mtime -1? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find + prune + mtime

Hi, i try to catch all files in a dir ,without going down in subdir , which don't have file extension and older than 10 days for example: my dir : drwxr-xr-x 7 notes01 notes 4096 Mar 8 14:11 . drwxr-xr-x 116 root system 4096 Mar 9 11:17 .. -rw-r----- 1 notes01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -mtime +7

Dear all, find $ADMIN_DIR/$SID/arch/ -name '*.gz' -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; is it retaining 7 days OR 8 days .gz files ? Thanks Prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashoracledb
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find with mtime option

Hi, Please give me more details on the following examples, about "mtime" option. When I try this, I could not get the expected output, please help. find . -mtime -1 -print find . -mtime +1 -print find . -mtime 1 -print How do I get the files modified between two dates, say from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; not deleting files

i want to remove *.req files from directory /opt/FFCL8001/oracle/inst/apps/FFCL8001_lhrho/logs/appl/conc/log i executed command find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; but it is running since hours and free space in /opt is same as old 7.4 GB . why it is not removing files ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
5 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)