Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Need some help with my homework Post 302494411 by ilikecows on Monday 7th of February 2011 08:16:11 AM
Old 02-07-2011
They made an honest attempt to the point of installing FreeBSD to test their answers. It takes a long time to learn UNIX and for a beginner it is often more helpful to explain things than send them to man pages that they probably already looked like and don't understand. I have been in the position of training new UNIX administrators and even those with IT related degrees with no UNIX experience can have a hard time understanding man pages.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to ilikecows For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Homework?

https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/113946-scripts.html Looks like an assignment or homework to me, does it to you? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyFullerMalv
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Homework :(

1. You have a very large file, named 'ColMe', tab-delimited, you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the 5th column are integers. Using shell functions (and standard LINUX/UNIX filters), indicate how you would verify that these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mb774
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Homework Help.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hello, My name is Jordan and studying at the New Bulgarian University in Sofiya. This is my homework but can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freestar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Homework

1. Write a shell script to print the file names of all files having .txt extension of a given directory after converting to uppercase letters. The input (directory name) should be given as command line argument. The script will also check whether sufficient arguments are passed or not and whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aninda1989
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Please help me with my homework!!!

A shell script is a script written for the shell, or command line interpreter, of an operating system. Typical operations performed by shell scripts include file manipulation, program execution, printing text etc. Shell : In computing, a shell is a piece of software that provides an interface for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ubun
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Homework

plz i need code to search about numbers like this : 962785785698 962795565488 962785321565 962777321684 962795979515 i need code to detect just numbers start with "96278" i need it in awk !! thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eyad mohammad
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Homework Help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: Write a command to display lines ending with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elh009
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)