Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remshd: Login incorrect.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers remshd: Login incorrect. Post 302494403 by methyl on Monday 7th of February 2011 07:40:17 AM
Old 02-07-2011
What is a "reality environment machine" ?
How many computers or perhaps virtual machines are involved here?
What Operating System(s) and version(s) are you running?
What Shell(s) are you using?

I don't think that you can get a "remsh" error message from "rcp".
What did you type?
Have you read "man .rhosts"?
Can you "ping" from the source computer to the object computer?
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Login Incorrect

I have rebooted my box (Redhat Linux) and the system is back online now, but Iam unable to login via ssh for all the users including root, it says "Login Incorrect". I am pretty sure the username/password is correct.May be the password or the shadow file is corrupted ??? How do i login to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login incorrect

Hi to all, I get a problem when i tried to modifie the password of the root,but thi s the message i have on root password,even i put the old password i have the same message "password has expired, you are allowed to entry by daemon"Could any one give me any suggestion to solve the problem?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: espace1000
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Incorrect login NIS?

Hello, I have an issue with a NIS client station on my network. I can't log onto with any NIS login and it prompt "Login incorrectl please try again". My others stations work correctly and log on without problem. This station worked correctly before yesterday, but yesterday we've got a power... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juterassee
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect"

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect" deny user login for user id tom sudo passwd -l tom type username and type password on login prompt and then it will display login failure message "login incorrect" console ############ login: tom password: login incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
2 Replies

5. Solaris

dtlogin problem? Login incorrect; please try again error

At boot the gui looks like it is starting but right away I see a message box pop up saying: 'login incorrect; please try again' and a black screen otherwise. I click ok and it comes right back up. By the way I am running the SGD software and have 2 sunray DTUs connected. The sunray DTUs display the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkmuck
7 Replies

6. Solaris

opensolrias : login incorrect in intalation?

Well I use OpenSolaris about 6 months until all traquilo ai ... OpenSolaris is a partitioned HD but only have OpenSolaris. the other partition is empty. Oh for some reason the personal I would WINDOWS installing xp then did the normal installation of windows and made a NTFS partition on that HD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyagosallet
2 Replies

7. Solaris

[Solved] Solaris 10 - Ftp Login incorrect

Hey everyone, I am trying to get a 2GB patch cluster FTP'd to a solaris 10 server. I have tried logging in via ftp, and both with root as well as my personal account, I get "Login Incorrect." I have verified that I can log in using telnet. -bash-3.00$ netstat -a |grep ftp *.ftp ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
10 Replies

8. Solaris

ILOM Sunservice login incorrect

We have tried to perform the data collection of 11 SUN FIRE X4170 SERVER as part of preventive maintenance activity. But, when we tried to access the ILOM using sunservice user we got a “login incorrect” prompt. We used the “changeme” password. can we use the root/changeme account instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chozie
4 Replies

9. SuSE

530 Login incorrect

Hi I upgraded my Suse linux server and installed a complete new server with suse ver 11. I copied the passwd and shadow files from the old Suse 10 to the new Suse 11 server (/etc) Now I get "530 Login incorrect" error when I try to FTP into an account with correct username and password. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tony.Marshall
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Login failed username password is incorrect

Hi all, For one of our server (Windows 2008R2), we sometimes will received "login failed username password is incorrect" when login in as domain account (the username & password is correct). Only after a reboot of the server (using local account), we can login without the above error. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies
rexec(1)						      General Commands Manual							  rexec(1)

NAME
remsh, rexec - execute from a remote shell SYNOPSIS
host username] command host username] command host username] command In Kerberos V5 Network Authentication Environments: host username] realm] command host username] realm] command DESCRIPTION
connects to a specified host and executes a specified command. The host name can be either the official name or an alias as understood by (see gethostent(3N) and hosts(4)). copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its stan- dard output and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error Hangup, interrupt, quit, terminate, and broken pipe signals are propagated to the remote command. exits when the sockets associated with and of the remote command are closed. This means that nor- mally terminates when the remote command does (see remshd(1M)). By default, uses the following path when executing the specified command: uses the default remote login shell with the option to execute the remote command. If the default remote shell is csh, csh sources the remote file before the command. cannot be used to run commands that require a terminal interface (such as or commands that read their standard error (such as In such cases, use or instead (see rlogin(1) and telnet(1)). The remote account name used is the same as your local account name, unless you specify a different remote name with the option. This remote account name must be equivalent to the originating account. In addition, the remote host account name must also conform to other rules, which differ depending upon whether the remote host is operating in a Kerberos V5 Network Authentication, i.e., secure environment, or not. In a non-secure, or traditional environment, the remote account name must be equivalent to the originating account; no provision is made for specifying a password with a command. For more details about hosts and how to specify them, see hosts.equiv(4). The files inspected by on the remote host are and (see remshd(1M)). In a Kerberos V5 Network Authentication environment, the local host must be successfully authenticated before the remote account name is checked for proper authorization. The authorization mechanism is dependent on the command line options used to invoke on the remote host (i.e., For more information on Kerberos authentication and authorization see the Secure Internet Services man page, sis(5) and remshd(1M). Although Kerberos authentication and authorization may apply, the Kerberos mechanism is applied to the command or to its response. All the information that is transferred between the local and remote host is still sent in cleartext over the network. In a secure or Kerberos V5-based environment, the following command line options are available: Forward the ticket granting ticket (TGT) to the remote system. The TGT is not forwardable from that remote system. Forward the TGT to the remote system and have it forwardable from there to another remote system. The option and option are mutually exclusive. Obtain tickets from the remote host in the specified realm instead of the remote host's default realm as specified in the configuration file Disable Kerberos authentication. The Kerberos authentication and authorization mechanism and the above Kerberos specific options are not supported in IPv6 enabled systems. If command, is not specified, instead of executing a single command, you will be logged in on the remote host using (see rlogin(1)). Any options typed in on the command line are transmitted to If no command and the option are specified, will be invoked with to indicate that Kerberos authentication (or secure access) is not necessary. This means that if a password is requested, the password will be sent in cleartext. If command is specified, options specific to are ignored by By default, reads its standard input and sends it to the remote command because has no way to determine whether the remote command requires input. The option redirects standard input to from This is useful when running a shell script containing a command, since otherwise remsh may use input not intended for it. The option is also useful when running in the background from a job control shell, or Otherwise, stops and waits for input from the terminal keyboard for the remote command. automatically redirects its input from when jobs are run in the background. Host names for remote hosts can also be commands (linked to in the directory If this directory is specified in the environment variable, you can omit For example, if is the name of a remote host, is linked to and if is in your search path, the command executes command on and the command is equivalent to The command works in the same way as except that it uses the library routine and for command execution (see rexec(3N) and rexecd(1M)) and does not support Kerberos authentication. prompts for a password before executing the command instead of using for authentication. It should be used in instances where a password to a remote account is known but there are insufficient permissions for EXAMPLES
Shell metacharacters that are not quoted are interpreted on the local host; quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote host. Thus the command line: appends the remote file to the local file while the command line appends to the remote file If the remote shell is the following command line sets up the environment for the remote command before executing the remote command: The throws away error messages generated by executing when stdin and stdout are not a terminal. The following command line runs in the background on the local system, and the output of the remote command comes to your terminal asyn- chronously: The background completes when the remote command does. The following command line causes to return immediately without waiting for the remote command to complete: (See remshd(1M) and sh(1)). If your login shell on the remote system is csh, use the following form instead: RETURN VALUE
If fails to set up the secondary socket connection, it returns 2. If it fails in some other way, it returns 1. If it fully succeeds in setting up a connection with it returns 0 once the remote command has completed. Note that the return value of bears no relation to the return value of the remote command. DIAGNOSTICS
Besides the errors listed below, errors can also be generated by the library functions and In the case of IPv6 systems, the library func- tions and are replaced by and respectively, and can generate errors (see rcmd(3N) and rcmd_af(3N)). These errors are preceded by the name of the library function that generated them. can produce the following diagnostic messages: There are two authentication mechanisms used by One authentication mechanism is based on Kerberos and the other is not. The type of authentication mechanism is obtained from a system file which is updated by (see inetsvcs_sec(1M)). If the system file does not contain known authentication types, the above error is displayed. Error in executing is executed when the user does not specify any commands to be executed). This is followed by the error message specifying why the execution failed. The ``shell'' service specification is not present in the file. cannot establish secondary socket connection for Error in executing system call. Appended to this error is a message specifying the cause of the failure. Check with the system administrator to see if your entry in the password file has been deleted by mistake. Kerberos-specific errors are listed in sis(5). WARNINGS
For security reasons, the and files should exist, even if empty, and they should be readable and writable only by the owner. Note also that all information, including any passwords asked for, is passed unencrypted between the two hosts. If is run with an interactive command, it hangs. DEPENDENCIES
is the same service as on BSD systems. The name was changed due to a conflict with the existing System V command (restricted shell). AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
for version of the command invoked only with hostname SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), remshd(1M), rexecd(1M), inetsvcs_sec(1M), gethostent(3N), rcmd(3N), rcmd_af(3N), rexec(3N), hosts.equiv(4), hosts(4). rexec(1)