Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cshell script problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cshell script problem Post 302494202 by lio123 on Sunday 6th of February 2011 06:26:50 AM
Old 02-06-2011
Thanks for the respond,but it doesnt work ,if I run the find part it gives me 25,the whole script gives me Command not foundSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with cshell script to read 1 or more lex files

taskes one or more .l files and compiles them #!/usr/bin/csh #while loop to carry on asking user to enter the files while $number!=0 echo "enter file name" #check to see if file ends with .l #if file ends with .l compile lexx.yy.c file for each file this is how i think it needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: homerj546
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a cshell (csh) script interactive

Experts, I tried to make my cshell script interactive by asking the user for password and trying to read the input using the "read" command. I have been unsuccessful so far. Do you have any idea ? Thanks Jim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep in Cshell

Hi Everyone, I'm facing a problem using grep in Cshell. This is what i'm trying to do: grep "abc" somefile VAR="$?" echo $VAR somefile contains: abc def ghi Now, should'nt my output be 0 (Zero) I'm getting 1 (One) Can you please help me out. Thanks in advance :) G1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Decimals in Cshell

Hello... I am new to unix and I am wondering if in a C-shell script , Are we supposed to use only whole numbers........ for example..if a program needs to calculate the average of some numbers........ @ avg = (($1 +$2 + $3)/3)) is returning a whole number.........How can a decimal be achieved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravindra22
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CShell Syntax Problem

Hi guys, Basically I'm trying to write a CShell script that calls an awk script on a given directory (given in command-line). I keep getting a syntax error with my code though: #!/bin/csh set dir = $ARGV foreach file ( $dir/* ) set output = 'awk -f /Desktop/aal $file' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CShell if statement

If I want to compare two string variables in csh how do I correctly implement it. For example I'm checking if on cmdln the $1 == -r do something. if($1 == -r) then code.... However when I run it I just get an error message "if: Missing file name". Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ROFL
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script cShell - help!!

Hello everyone! i'm new in this forum and I'm here because I have a huge problem with a csh script. Here the problem: I have to write a script that check the system status, more precisely I have to check if there are processes with TIME > 3 hours and if such processes exists I must send a mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBeefEater
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

this cshell script does not work ??

Hi I am trying to put the following commands that i have to type manually at the cshell prompt into a cshell script startup.csh which is copied below echo $DISPLAY xhost + rsh ba08lo01 module load incisiv/102/10.20.035 setenv DISPLAY $DISPLAY When i run the script with source command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to call a script from another script in cshell

Hi, I am unable to call one script from another script in c shell on windows SUA environment. Please find below code , File1 āTmp.csh: #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "${PATH}:.:$TOP/bin:$TOP/RMBIN/bin:$GP_SUA/:$INTERIX_ROOT" echo "hi1" . /tmp1.csh File2ātmp1.csh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning any number to the variable in cshell script

Hello Guys, I would like to ask you for a favor. Could you please help me how can I assign any number as the parameter to a, from stdin (-c), in the following command line by using the 'switch' in a script? awk '$8>a {print "File name:" $5,$8}' I would also appreciate if you can share any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Padavan
1 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)