Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX I could not delete the tape in AIX ! Post 302494118 by Scott on Saturday 5th of February 2011 08:13:36 AM
Old 02-05-2011
Hi.

What is the status of the device? Perhaps you need to take it offline first?

pSeries and AIX Information Center

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

help with tape drive on aix 5.1

I have a dlt tape drive on a AIX 5.1 machine, I have no idea how to backup to this thing, would I just mount it can copy over to it, not sure the commands or where to begin? Can anyone help, or point me to documentation.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
14 Replies

2. AIX

Problems restoring from tape in AIX

I am trying to restore some files from a DLT drive in AIX 4.3 but I am having a few problems. Basically when I try to run the restore command I get the following error: Cannot read from the specified input. Please enter the device name when ready I am the following command for the restore ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Hunter
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 4.3 mksysb tape incomplete

anybody knows how to recover from a tape in AIX 4.3 from a IBM rs6000 170 system backup done only 97% ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jupiter8
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Tape Drive Backup

Currently I have a Dell Ultrium LTO 2 Tape Drive. I am going to have a IBM AIX server. Just wonder if it is possibe to connect this tape drive to the aix server? I have Brightstor Arcserver installed on another win 2003 server. Is it possible to install the arcserve agent on the aix and use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ming413
1 Replies

6. AIX

Tape Library on Aix

I am having my 14 Aix 5.3 servers on bladecenters connected with my Tape Library. I had a backup scheduled on tape library but after taking backup successfully, Now, Question 1:- I wanted to restore backup but tape library could not recognize the tape and I get I/O error in TSM. I think it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shrek
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

force tape to eject on aix

Hi, I have a damaged tape that will not eject on aix. How can i force this. I tried tctl -f /dev/rmt0 offline But i get the following error: the media surface is damaged (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

8. AIX

aix installation from mksysb tape

Hello, I am trying to install a server from a mksysb made on an other server but whit his proper image.data and bosinst.data, but after selecting boot from DLT tape and starting installation in normal mode with default setting, I get this error message : error / warning there is no disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

9. AIX

Ejecting tape on AIX & Some Tape commands

I am trying to use this command to eject the tape mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload but it gives me error mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload mt: 0511-575 unload is not a recognized subcommand. Usage: mt Subcommand Valid subcommands are: weof eof fsf bsf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 4.2.1 Tape Drive Problem

Hi, The problem I have is I want to restore my AIX machine. I have created a mksysb tape from my tape drive rmt0 and I changed the bootlist using this command "bootlist -m normal rmt0 hdisk0". However, when I display the bootlist "bootlist -om normal", it shows '-' hdisk0. I googled and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AixNoob87
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)