Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris: Fault Management Service toggles online, offline Post 302494112 by fpmurphy on Saturday 5th of February 2011 06:57:19 AM
Old 02-05-2011
What is the contents, if any, of
Code:
/etc/fm/fmd

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cluster group offline then online in 2 minutes

Hi , we are using Veritas cluster server on solaris 8. Suddenly one application group was offline and online after 2 minutes.. I have checked VCS log.. "VCS INFO V-16-1-50135 User reuters fired command: hares -offline middleman_proc server01 from 127.0.0.1" Does anyone faced this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddk2oo5
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for CPU online/offline status in bash shell

Hi , How do i check that the CPU is online/offline in a multi CPU machine in Linux ? i tired /proc/cpuinfo dmesg nothing gave me the currect CPU status. Pls help !! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
5 Replies

3. Solaris

NFS service : offline after enabling it .

Hi all, i Followed these steps & still not able to get nfs service online ???:( bash-3.2# svcs -a | grep nfs disabled 17:48:02 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default disabled 17:48:02 svc:/network/nfs/client:default disabled 20:56:06 svc:/network/nfs/status:default offline ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Hi all in my server all nfs dependices are online but nfs client is offline root@BIWAPP1 # svcs -a|grep nfs disabled Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/server:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default online ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server Staus offline to online -Shell script

Hi, We put cron entry :whenever server is offline(checks every 5 minutes) it sends status to mailer group. The number of messages (offline)were growing in our mailbox.How to avoid not to send offline messages after the first one through shell script. Thanks in advance. Chowdary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chowdary_m
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find any device online/offline

what is the command for checking which device active and which is not active (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover services from offline to online?

Dear all, How to recover the Dns service from offline to online? I used the command " svcadm enable dns/client" the command is executing but again its showing service is offline. pls clarify and give me suggesstion... Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masthan25
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris (FMA) Fault Management Architecture

Does anyone have instructions how to install and configure this to generate SNMP alerts? Running Solaris 10 update 8. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

How do I know whether a service is online?

Hi! I'm a Solaris admin. I don't know how to check whether a service is online or not in Linux. example:i've started a service using #service named start #service http start How can i verify that these services are in running mode? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
5 Replies
fmd(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   fmd(1M)

NAME
fmd - fault manager daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/fm/fmd/fmd [-V] [-f file] [-o opt=val] [-R dir] DESCRIPTION
fmd is a daemon that runs in the background on each Solaris system. fmd receives telemetry information relating to problems detected by the system software, diagnoses these problems, and initiates proactive self-healing activities such as disabling faulty components. When appropriate, the fault manager also sends a message to the syslogd(1M) service to notify an administrator that a problem has been detected. The message directs administrators to a knowledge article on Sun's web site, http://www.sun.com/msg/, which explains more about the problem impact and appropriate responses. Each problem diagnosed by the fault manager is assigned a Universal Unique Identifier (UUID). The UUID uniquely identifes this particular problem across any set of systems. The fmdump(1M) utility can be used to view the list of problems diagnosed by the fault manager, along with their UUIDs and knowledge article message identifiers. The fmadm(1M) utility can be used to view the resources on the system believed to be faulty. The fmstat(1M) utility can be used to report statistics kept by the fault manager. The fault manager is started automatically when Solaris boots, so it is not necessary to use the fmd command directly. Sun's web site explains more about what capabilities are cur- rently available for the fault manager on Solaris. OPTIONS
The following options are supported -f file Read the specified configuration file prior to searching for any of the default fault manager configuration files. -o opt=value Set the specified fault manager option to the specified value. Fault manager options are currently a Private inter- face; see attributes(5) for information about Private interfaces. -R dir Use the specified root directory for all pathnames evaluated by the fault manager, instead of the default root (/). -V Print the fault manager's version to stdout and exit. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 An error occurred which prevented the fault manager from initializing, such as failure to open the telemetry trans- port. 2 Invalid command-line options were specified. FILES
/etc/fm/fmd Fault manager configuration directory /usr/lib/fm/fmd Fault manager library directory /var/fm/fmd Fault manager log directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfmd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), fmadm(1M), fmdump(1M), fmstat(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) http://www.sun.com/msg/ NOTES
The Fault Manager is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/fmd:default The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. Administrators should not disable the Fault Manager service. SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 2004 fmd(1M)