Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Perl join two files by "common" column Post 302494086 by durden_tyler on Friday 4th of February 2011 10:35:50 PM
Old 02-04-2011
The two files do not seem to match even partially!
The string "mira_assembly_rep_c" is present in line 1 of File 1, and it is present in at the beginning of all lines of File 2.

Other than there, there is nothing in common.

What's the logic for the merged file then?

Why is the 2nd line of merged file as follows?

Code:
GT_Specific_CTGSIN-SS-mira_assembly_rep_c5|266|60    TTCTACCTATCGTTTCGGCTCAAGTTAGTGTCAGCAAATGATCCGAACGGTCTGGAAATG   mira_assembly_rep_c5 AT4G10270.1    wound-responsive family protein

And why is the 3rd line of the merged file like so ?

Code:
GT_Specific_CTGSIN-SS-mira_assembly_rep_c8|1386|60_New    TTTTCTTTATAAAGAACAGTCTGTGTGTTAATAATTCTCATCTCCTGTCCGGACATAGAC   -mira_assembly_rep_c8 AT2G33830.2    dormancy/auxin associated family protein

Maybe you could explain how you derived the merged file.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join multiple files based on 1 common column

I have n files (for ex:64 files) with one similar column. Is it possible to combine them all based on that column ? file1 ax100 20 30 40 ax200 22 33 44 file2 ax100 10 20 40 ax200 12 13 44 file2 ax100 0 0 4 ax200 2 3 4 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join two files using "Join" command with one common field in this problem?

file1: Toronto:12439755:1076359:July 1, 1867:6 Quebec City:7560592:1542056:July 1, 1867:5 Halifax:938134:55284:July 1, 1867:4 Fredericton:751400:72908:July 1, 1867:3 Winnipeg:1170300:647797:July 15, 1870:7 Victoria:4168123:944735:July 20, 1871:10 Charlottetown:137900:5660:July 1, 1873:2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindfreak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting comma "," for dot "." in a specific column when comma"," is a delimiter

Hi, I'm dealing with an issue and losing a lot of hours figuring out how i would solve this. I have an input file which looks like this: ('BLABLA +200-GRS','Serviço ','TarifaçãoServiço','wap.bla.us.0000000121',2985,0,55,' de conversão em escada','Dia','Domingos') ('BLABLA +200-GRR','Serviço... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of Perl's "join" function

$ perl -e '@f=("aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa","1","911"); print join("\t",@f)."\n";' aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to join 2 .txt files based on a common column?

Hi all, I'm trying to join two .txt file tab delimitated based on a common column. File 1 transcript_id gene_id length effective_length expected_count TPM FPKM IsoPct comp1000201_c0_seq1 comp1000201_c0 337 183.51 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 comp1000297_c0_seq1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies
TAU_MERGE(1)							       Tools							      TAU_MERGE(1)

NAME
tau_merge - combine multiple node and or thread TAU tracefiles into a merged tracefile SYNOPSIS
tau_merge [-a] [-r] [-n] [-e eventfile_list] [-m output_eventfile] {tracefile_list} [{output_tracefile} { - }] DESCRIPTION
tau_merge is generated when TAU is configured with the -TRACE option. This tool assembles a set of tau trace and event files from multiple multiple nodes or threads across a program's execution into a single unified trace file. Many TAU trace file tools operate on merged trace files. Minimally, tau_merge must be invoked with a list of unmerged trace files followed by the desired name of the merged trace file or the - flag to send the output to the standard out. Typically the list can be designated by giving the shared name of the trace files to be merged followed by desired range of thread or node designators in brackets or the wild card character '*' to encompass variable thread and node designations in the filename (trace.A.B.C.trc where A, B and C are the node, context and thread numbers respectively). For example tautrace.*.trc would represent all tracefiles in a given directory while tautrace.[0-5].0.0.trc would represent the tracefiles of nodes 0 through 5 with context 0 and thread 0. tau_merge will generate the specified merged trace file and an event definition file, tau.edf by default. The event definition file can be given an alternative name by using the '-m' flag followed by the desired filename. A list of event definition files to be merged can be designated explicitly by using the '-e' flag followed by a list of unmerged .edf files, specified in the same manner as the trace file list. If computational resources are insufficient to merge all trace and event files simultaneously the process may be undertaken hierarchically. Corresponding subsets of the tracefiles and eventfiles may be merged in sequence to produce a smaller set of files that can then be to merged into a singular fully merged tracefile and eventfile. E.g. for a 100 node trace, trace sets 1-10, 11-20, ..., 91-100 could be merged into traces 1a, 2a, ..., 10a. Then 1a-10a could be merged to create a fully merged tracefile. OPTIONS
-e eventfile_list explicitly define the eventfiles to be merged -m output_eventfile explicitly name the merged eventfile to be created - send the merged tracefile to the standard out -a adjust earliest timestamp time to zero -r do not reassemble long events -n do not block waiting for new events. By default tau_merge will block and wait for new events to be appended if a tracefile is incomplete. This command allows offline merging of (potentially) incomplete tracefiles. EXAMPLES
To merge all TAU tracefiles into app.trc and produce a merged tau.edf eventfile: tau_merge *.trc app.trc To merge all eventfiles 0-255 into ev0_255merged.edf and TAU tracefiles for nodes 0-255 into the standard out: tau_merge -e events.[0-255].edf -m ev0_255merged.edf tautrace.[0-255].*.trc - To merge eventfiles 0, 5 and seven info ev057.edf and tau tracefiles for nodes 0, 5 and 7 with context and thread 0 into app.trc: tau_merge -e events.0.edf events.5.edf events.7.edf -m ev057.edf tautrace.0.0.0.trc tautrace.5.0.0.trc tautrace.7.0.0.trc app.trc SEE ALSO
tau_convert tau2profile tau2vtf tau2elg tau2slog2 12/22/2005 TAU_MERGE(1)