Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix space checking script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Unix space checking script Post 302494060 by Scott on Friday 4th of February 2011 04:52:41 PM
Old 02-04-2011
Getting there!

NR==2 isn't perfect. Some df's can output on three lines.

On Linux, using -P (the so-called "POSIX" option) would show the output on two lines.

i.e.
Code:
# ssh root@oraserv1
/ # cd /oracle
# df .
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/ora001vg-ora001lv
                       8252856   4752396   3081236  61% /oracle

/oracle # df -P .
Filesystem         1024-blocks      Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/mapper/ora001vg-ora001lv   8252856   4752396   3081236      61% /oracle

tail is good. sed can also get the last line:
Code:
/oracle # df . | sed '$!d'  # from the link, search "print the last line of a file"
                       8252856   4752396   3081236  61% /oracle

And with awk, there's no need to remove the %. It'll do that for you when it know's it's a number.
Code:
$ echo 22% | awk '{print 100-$1}'  

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking for a space in a file name

hi members... another new probs... i need to check all the zip files in the server and check for a space or "`" in the file name and if found need to remove them and form a zip file. i tried using grep command to check for a space but with out success also when i tried checking for "`" as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of Web pages through Unix script

Hi Guru's, I need to check the availability of a web page for every one hour through a script. Following is the requirement. 1. Go to http://vsn.srivsn.com 2. If any error encountered in openeing the home page, it should trigger an email with the appropriate error message. 3. If page opens... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in checking space of mount.Please help me

Hi everyone, I am writing a script. As a part of this script, I wanted to check the space of few mounts, If the space usage percentage of the mount crosses over a certain limit then i wanted to display a warning message. The following is the command df -k | awk ' { if (($6 == "/export/temp")... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script for Checking sequence

Hello, I need Unix script for Checking sequence and get output in a file for missing sequences information. We are moving archive log to a server for DR .if any files miss from sequence DR will fails. so we need script to monitor sequence of files which are FTP from the Production servers .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rata_raj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAIL_LIST="tlr.voora@zamn.com" export ARCH_STATUS=`df -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

8. Solaris

UNIX Checking Tape Space

Hello. My name is Alex and I am new to the UNIX environment. One of the things that I do on a daily basis is I perform backups to tape on a Sun Ultra 25. I use DAT72 tape. The tape that is currently in the tape drive has about five database backups within it already. I was just hoping... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: daddy.torres
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to create a UNIX Space monitoring script

Hi All, Its urgent.. pls help me out.. I want to create a KSH which should generate a report with the list of users and the files larger than 5 GB created by them in a direcorty and send autogenerated e-mail to them. my input would be users list,directory path and the file size (say 5 GB) ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anman0523
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to find alerts for swap space

Can someone get me script to find swap space for linux servers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
1 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD