Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Toggle Flag/Switch Value with Sed Post 302493826 by ghostdog74 on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 08:30:34 PM
Old 02-03-2011
well, if you want to toggle the string FLAG=0
Code:
$ awk -F"=" '/FLAG/{$2=!$2;print}' OFS="=" file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to toggle BACKSPACE/DEL function for backArrow key for terminal other than xterm?

Hi all, I've got the problem which I can't resolve with my knowledge :) For xterm terminal we have resource class XTerm*backarrowKey. If we set it to true, backspace code (ASCII 0x8) will be sent to program. We can get it using e.g. getc() function. If it is disabled getc() returns DEL(0x7F). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmitryb
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Toggle Hidden Files Mac OS X

Hi all, I have been using Ubuntu for 2 years now, and a few days ago I bought a Macbook. This is my first time using a Mac, so I have spent the better of two days learning the user interface, and configuring my Macbook. One thing I noticed is that there is no easy way to turn on and off hidden... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omniwheel
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to toggle through dates by week

Hi, I need help to toggle through dates on a weekly basis to be fed into a script as inputs. The format should be: yyyy/mm/dd (start) yyyy/mm/dd (end), where end date is 7 days increments. The date (start) would be input as an ARGV and would continue until current date. I can check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhap
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass variable to sed like in awk (-v switch)

hi all is possible to pass shell (bash) variable to sed like it is in awk? example: awk script is storred in awk.awk file and I am passing variable called var to this file. $ cat awk.awk {if ($5==var) print $0} so it works when i issue $ bash_var=24 $ ls -l | awk -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

5. Programming

toggle bit

how can I toggle all the bits of any given number using a shortest C code (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the switch to let sed edit and save file

I remember there is a sed switch i can use to edit and save the file at the same time, but i cannot recall it at all. so instead of -> sed 's/A/B/' file > file-tmp -> mv file-tmp file what can i do to just let sed edit and save the "file" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed "-n" switch

Hi Guys, i'm exploring sed and failed to understand the following. Can anyone with more knowledge of this explain this better. I have to read lines 4 to 6 in a file so i used the following command : sed '4,6 p' file but the above prints all lines instead! . when i use the -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved]Can anyone tell me why -H flag with sudo doesn't switch to the target user's home directory?

I have checked the man page ,which says : The -H (HOME) option sets the HOME environment variable to the homedir of the target user (root by default) as specified in passwd(5). By default, sudo does not modify HOME But I have tried below command: #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michaelw321
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print flag

I have an input file that looks something like this: .... key1: ABC .... key2: DEF .... key1: GGG .... key2: HHH .... The row of dots represents any number of lines that don't contain the strings "key1:" or "key2:" The strings key1: and key2: will always appear alternately as in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmennen
8 Replies
Data::Munge(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Data::Munge(3pm)

NAME
Data::Munge - various utility functions SYNOPSIS
use Data::Munge; my $re = list2re qw/foo bar baz/; print byval { s/foo/bar/ } $text; foo(mapval { chomp } @lines); print replace('Apples are round, and apples are juicy.', qr/apples/i, 'oranges', 'g'); print replace('John Smith', qr/(w+)s+(w+)/, '$2, $1'); DESCRIPTION
This module defines a few generally useful utility functions. I got tired of redefining or working around them, so I wrote this module. Functions list2re LIST Converts a list of strings to a regex that matches any of the strings. Especially useful in combination with "keys". Example: my $re = list2re keys %hash; $str =~ s/($re)/$hash{$1}/g; byval BLOCK SCALAR Takes a code block and a value, runs the block with $_ set to that value, and returns the final value of $_. The global value of $_ is not affected. $_ isn't aliased to the input value either, so modifying $_ in the block will not affect the passed in value. Example: foo(byval { s/!/?/g } $str); # Calls foo() with the value of $str, but all '!' have been replaced by '?'. # $str itself is not modified. mapval BLOCK LIST Works like a combination of "map" and "byval"; i.e. it behaves like "map", but $_ is a copy, not aliased to the current element, and the return value is taken from $_ again (it ignores the value returned by the block). Example: my @foo = mapval { chomp } @bar; # @foo contains a copy of @bar where all elements have been chomp'd. # This could also be written as chomp(my @foo = @bar); but that's not # always possible. submatches Returns a list of the strings captured by the last successful pattern match. Normally you don't need this function because this is exactly what "m//" returns in list context. However, "submatches" also works in other contexts such as the RHS of "s//.../e". replace STRING, REGEX, REPLACEMENT, FLAG replace STRING, REGEX, REPLACEMENT A clone of javascript's "String.prototype.replace". It works almost the same as "byval { s/REGEX/REPLACEMENT/FLAG } STRING", but with a few important differences. REGEX can be a string or a compiled "qr//" object. REPLACEMENT can be a string or a subroutine reference. If it's a string, it can contain the following replacement patterns: $$ Inserts a '$'. $& Inserts the matched substring. $` Inserts the substring preceding the match. $' Inserts the substring following the match. $N (where N is a digit) Inserts the substring matched by the Nth capturing group. ${N} (where N is one or more digits) Inserts the substring matched by the Nth capturing group. Note that these aren't variables; they're character sequences interpreted by "replace". If REPLACEMENT is a subroutine reference, it's called with the following arguments: First the matched substring (like $& above), then the contents of the capture buffers (as returned by "submatches"), then the offset where the pattern matched (like "$-[0]", see "@-" in perlvar), then the STRING. The return value will be inserted in place of the matched substring. Normally only the first occurrence of REGEX is replaced. If FLAG is present, it must be 'g' and causes all occurrences to be replaced. AUTHOR
Lukas Mai, "<l.mai at web.de>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2011 Lukas Mai. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-03 Data::Munge(3pm)