Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers need help changing the vga mode Post 302493816 by neur0n on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 06:53:21 PM
Old 02-03-2011
OK you want the full details here they are. I am using an L4 microkernel (pistachio), so I don't know how you came to the assumption that I was using assembly in the first place, not because I asked about assembly in my latter posts. Anyways, because of this, I need to access exact memory addresses and I am on an x86 platform, using grub, thus, there is no programming environment as such. Now does it make much of a difference knowing this information??? And beside, if the registers and register values are in fact correct this information wouldn't be necessary now would it? But never mind anyway, I got it to work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VGA to 13W UPA graphics

Hello, I have a Sun Ultra2 with a 13W type Creator Graphics card. My old Sun monitor has failed. Is the an adaptor or cable that I could find which will allow me to use a VGA type monitor? If so who sells them? Thanks, Jim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stocksj
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Vga Installation

what is the procedure of installing a vga on the unix desktop? i have a dell machine optiplex gx 520 and it doesnt pick the vga i tryed other vga s but graphics are so poor? pls help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linus Aloo
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Ultra 10 -> VGA Monitor Help

I have a vga card in my Ultra 10. How can I activate it in my Ultra 10 box which is currently still running off the Sun CRT Monitor port? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revzalot
2 Replies

4. Solaris

changing time in cluster mode sun solaris

Howdy experts, I am using two Sun-Fire-T200 which is in Cluster mode (sun cluster 3.1). Also Oracle RAC is running on those. A daylight saving i need to apply in both servers. I am not using any ntp server. I just plan to change the date with simple date command. Change date in 1st node.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing mode of files in subdirectories

Hi I actually need to change the mode to 777 in the current directory as well as subdirectories how to achieve that. I have /usr/sol/home/workfold as the main directory there are many directies and files in the workfold directory . I need to chmod 777 to all the directories and files under... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

6. Programming

vga assembly question

Im trying to make a vga program for linux Im wondering if anyone knows of a simple document on the subject or if someone could show me some basics. What system calls should I use what parameters should I give them. How do I draw a line of pixels green after in vga mode. I prefer nasm but I can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
2 Replies

7. Linux

UNIX - FTP changing the mode while transfering the files

Hi, I have to transfer my files using FTP. Few files are in Zipped format (.Z) and few are in .PX format . For zipped files, we need to change the mode to binary while transferring the files whereas for the px files the mode should be ascii. Eg: sample1.z sample2.z sample3.z sample.px ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidlaks
2 Replies

8. AIX

No VGA card and I need to know server IP

Dear All, I have Power7 server, and I want to know its IP address. The server have no VGA card, only serial port. Kindly tell me how to know its IP using serial cable? Thanks a lot (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
5 Replies

9. Linux

Vga passtrough with only one monitor,is possible?

I have one monitor,two vga cards,one is nvidia(host) the other ati rs450(guest),I use this script for use a vm windows with a native gpu(the ati rs450) I see this video and seems to be possible using only one monitor,but I don't understand how to do The video QEMU VGA passthrough without a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

10. Hardware

VGA distributor hardware detection

Hi, I am trying to find the monitor information attach to my system. To get the detail I have decoded the information available in edid file using edid-decode utility. The file is available at /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/drm/card0/card0-VGA-1/edid After decoding edid file I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
4 Replies
gacutil(Mono 1.0)														 gacutil(Mono 1.0)

NAME
gacutil - Global Assembly Cache management utility. SYNOPSIS
gacutil [-user] [command] [options] DESCRIPTION
gacutil is a tool used by developers to install versioned assemblies into the system Global Assembly Cache (GAC) to become part of the assemblies that are available for all applications at runtime. Notice that they are not directly available to the compiler. The convention is that assemblies must also be placed in a separate directory to be accessed by the compiler. This is done with the -package directive to gacutil. The tool allows for installation, removal, and listing of the contents of the assembly cache. The GAC is relative to the Mono installation prefix: mono_prefix/lib/mono. COMMANDS
-i <assembly_path> [-check_refs] [-package NAME] [-root ROOTDIR] [-gacdir GACDIR] Installs an assembly into the global assembly cache. <assembly_path> is the name of the file that contains the assembly manifest The -package option can be used to also create a directory in in prefix/lib/mono with the name NAME, and a symlink is created from NAME/assembly_name to the assembly on the GAC. This is used so developers can reference a set of libraries at once. The -root option is used to specify the "libdir" value of an installation prefix which differs from the prefix of the system GAC. Typical automake usage is "-root $(DESTDIR)$(prefix)/lib". To access assemblies installed to a prefix other than the mono prefix, it is necessary to set the MONO_GAC_PREFIX environment variable. The -gacdir option is included for backward compatibility but is not recommended for new code. Use the -root option instead. The -check_refs option is used to ensure that the assembly being installed into the GAC does not reference any non strong named assemblies. Assemblies being installed to the GAC should not reference non strong named assemblies, however the is an optional check. -l [assembly_name] [-root ROOTDIR] [-gacdir GACDIR] Lists the contents of the global assembly cache. When the <assembly_name> parameter is specified only matching assemblies are listed. -u <assembly_display_name> [-package NAME] [-root ROOTDIR] [-gacdir GACDIR] Uninstalls an assembly from the global assembly cache. <assembly_display_name> is the name of the assembly (partial or fully qualified) to remove from the global assembly cache. If a partial name is specified all matching assemblies will be uninstalled. As opposed to the install option that takes a filename, this takes as an argument the assembly name, which looks like this: MyLibrary.Something, version=1.0.0.0, publicKeyToken=xxxx,culture=neutral Notice that you can have spaces in the command line. There is no need to quote them. Performs a greedy removal. If you only specify one component like, "MyLibrary.Something", it will remove all versions of the library. -us <assembly_path> [-package NAME] [-root ROOTDIR] [-gacdir GACDIR] Uninstalls an assembly using the specified assembly's full name. <assembly path> is the path to an assembly. The full assembly name is retrieved from the specified assembly if there is an assembly in the GAC with a matching name, it is removed. Unlike the -u option this option takes a file name, like this: Example: -us myDll.dll -ul <assembly_list_file> [-package NAME] [-root ROOTDIR] [-gacdir GACDIR] Uninstalls one or more assemblies from the global assembly cache. <assembly_list_file> is the path to a test file containing a list of assembly names on separate lines. Example -ul assembly_list.txt assembly_list.txt contents: assembly1,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=en,PublicKeyToken=0123456789abcdef assembly2,Version=2.0.0.0,Culture=en,PublicKeyToken=0123456789abcdef FILES
On Unix assemblies are loaded from the installation lib directory. If you set `prefix' to /usr, the assemblies will be located in /usr/lib. On Windows, the assemblies are loaded from the directory where mono and mint live. /etc/mono/config, ~/.mono/config Mono runtime configuration file. See the mono-config(5) manual page for more information. WEB SITE
Visit: http://www.go-mono.com for details SEE ALSO
mcs(1),mono(1) gacutil(Mono 1.0)