Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix space checking script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Unix space checking script Post 302493776 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 05:07:05 PM
Old 02-03-2011
what are you expecting? where are your problems?

usefull commands you might want to use: "df" and "du".

look at the mapages of the commands and see if this gets you any further.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking for a space in a file name

hi members... another new probs... i need to check all the zip files in the server and check for a space or "`" in the file name and if found need to remove them and form a zip file. i tried using grep command to check for a space but with out success also when i tried checking for "`" as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of Web pages through Unix script

Hi Guru's, I need to check the availability of a web page for every one hour through a script. Following is the requirement. 1. Go to http://vsn.srivsn.com 2. If any error encountered in openeing the home page, it should trigger an email with the appropriate error message. 3. If page opens... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in checking space of mount.Please help me

Hi everyone, I am writing a script. As a part of this script, I wanted to check the space of few mounts, If the space usage percentage of the mount crosses over a certain limit then i wanted to display a warning message. The following is the command df -k | awk ' { if (($6 == "/export/temp")... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script for Checking sequence

Hello, I need Unix script for Checking sequence and get output in a file for missing sequences information. We are moving archive log to a server for DR .if any files miss from sequence DR will fails. so we need script to monitor sequence of files which are FTP from the Production servers .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rata_raj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAIL_LIST="tlr.voora@zamn.com" export ARCH_STATUS=`df -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

8. Solaris

UNIX Checking Tape Space

Hello. My name is Alex and I am new to the UNIX environment. One of the things that I do on a daily basis is I perform backups to tape on a Sun Ultra 25. I use DAT72 tape. The tape that is currently in the tape drive has about five database backups within it already. I was just hoping... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: daddy.torres
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to create a UNIX Space monitoring script

Hi All, Its urgent.. pls help me out.. I want to create a KSH which should generate a report with the list of users and the files larger than 5 GB created by them in a direcorty and send autogenerated e-mail to them. my input would be users list,directory path and the file size (say 5 GB) ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anman0523
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to find alerts for swap space

Can someone get me script to find swap space for linux servers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
1 Replies
App::Cmd::Command::commands(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  App::Cmd::Command::commands(3pm)

NAME
App::Cmd::Command::commands - list the application's commands VERSION
version 0.318 DESCRIPTION
This command plugin implements a "commands" command. This command will list all of an App::Cmd's commands and their abstracts. METHODS
execute This is the command's primary method and raison d'etre. It prints the application's usage text (if any) followed by a sorted listing of the application's commands and their abstracts. The commands are printed in sorted groups (created by "sort_commands"); each group is set off by blank lines. "sort_commands" my @sorted = $cmd->sort_commands(@unsorted); This method orders the list of commands into sets which it returns as a list of arrayrefs. By default, the first group is for the "help" and "commands" commands, and all other commands are in the second group. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 App::Cmd::Command::commands(3pm)