Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: handling asterix in AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting handling asterix in AWK Post 302493718 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 01:13:53 PM
Old 02-03-2011
Or sed:
Code:
sed 's/**^/@&/3;s/@^/^/;s/*//g;s/@^/*^/' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK handling of single quote

Hi, Can someone let me know how I can acheive the following. I have ~ delimited file and I need to convert into something like SQL insert statements. SrcFile : 1~sjdsdj~asasas~ 2~aaaaa~qwqwqwq~qwq ..... I tried AWK -F"~" '{print "INSERT INTO XX VALUES("$1 " ,\' "$2" \' , \' "$3 }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing asterix (*) from flat files

Hi all, I have to generate a tab-delimited flat file. Since few days, I have been getting * in random accounts. For example, an account supposed to have the value 123456789123,123 Now this is supposed to be in a 12,3 format. Please note that this being a German field, the comma (,) here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrl_alt_del
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling special characters using awk

Hi all, How do I extract a value without special characters? I need to extract the value of %Used from below and if its greater than 80, need to send a notification. I am doing this right now..Its giving 17%..Is there a way to extract the value and assign it to a variable in one step? df |grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

column handling in awk

Dear Scripting experts, I have a problem which i cannot get my head around and wondered if anyone can help me. I have two files "file1" and "file2" and i want to replace column one from file 1 with column one with file2.(where file two has many columns). see example.. ive tried to use cut and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling regular expressions in awk

Script is: accept filename as argument(also handle CTRL+C).to check whether th file exist in the current directory,it it then using awk find the employees who are either born in 1990 or drawing a salary greater than 25000. In my database file 1st field is of id ,2nd field is name,5th field is of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Bhati
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling arrays with awk

Hi, I have an issue that I am trying to resolve using arrays in awk. I have two files, the first one is a dictionary with this format: FILE 1 (dictionary) 'Abrir' 'Open' 'Aceptar' 'Accept' Every line has two fields, a word in two languages. The second file is a simple list of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmartinez
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk function in handling quotes

Hi all, I have input lines like below empno,ename,sal,description ---------------------------- 311,"jone,abc",2000,manager 301,david,200,"president,ac" I need to sum the salary of them i.e. 2000+200 anything suggested Thanks, Shahnaz. Use code tags. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data handling using AWK

Hi, I have requirement to fetch lines with a particular character in one column e.g. 2.5M asdsad 3.5M sadsadas 12323M ssdss i tried following so far #echo 2.3M asdsad | nawk -F " " '{print substr($1,length($1))}' M So far i have tried following # echo 2.3M asdsad | nawk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk - Handling different types of newlines

Hi. We have some data that's generated from a webpage. Part is pretty well-formatted, but part of it preserves newlines in a way that breaks the record separating in awk. Here's 2 records, filtered through cat -e: Jones,Bob,20,Q: What is your favorite ice cream?$ A: Butter Pecan$ Q: Do you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling 2 files simultaneously with awk

Hello, Is it possible to handle data from two different files at once in awk (latest version and platform is Fedora). I found on the net that we cannot nest awk. My requirement is that I have two similar files : File 1: Name: abc Val = 58 Name: cdf Val = 1; .................. File... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifteate
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)