Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk removing specific line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk removing specific line Post 302493625 by axes on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 08:42:42 AM
Old 02-03-2011
Thanks, match($1,"^"key"=") is working fine.
axes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a specific line using AWK

Hi, I have a script that fetches only specific information from fcinfo command. Below is a portion of the script. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x HBA_COUNT=`sudo fcinfo hba-port | grep -i state | awk 'END{print NR}'` echo "$HBA_COUNT HBAs exist" echo '........' INDEX=1 while $INDEX -le... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_won
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk removing newline and specific position

Hello Friends, Input File looks as follows: >FASTA Header1 line1 line2 line3 linen >FASTA Header2 Line1 Line2 linen >FASTA Header3 and so on ....... Output: Want something as: >FASTA Header1 line1line2line3linen >FASTA Header2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or awk - removing part of line?

hi all, I am having trouble finding the right string for this - I dont know whether to use awk or sed.. If I have a file with alot of names and phone numbers like this McGowan,Sean 978-934-4000 Kilcoyne,Kathleen 603-555-1212 Club603,The 617-505-1332 Boyle,William 301-444-1221 And... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting rows line by line from a specific column using Awk

Dear UNIX community, I would like to to count characters from a specific row and have them displayed line-by-line. I have a file called testAwk2.csv which contain the following data: rabbit penguin goat giraffe emu ostrich I would like to count in the middle row individually... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnayak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to read a specific line and a specific field on that line.

Say the input was as follows: Brat 20 x 1000 32rf Pour 15 p 1621 05pr Dart 10 z 1111 22xx My program prompts for an input, what I want is to use the input to locate a specific field. Like if I type in, "Pou" then it would return "Pour" and just "Pour" I currently have this line but it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bungkai
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific line in awk

Hi, I'm totally new to awk, so thanks in advance for your help. I want to make a csv file out of a text file I've exported from a database I want to do two things: 1. Change pipes ("|") to commas (",") to make a text file into CSV 2. Remove the second line of the file, which is useless junk. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pip56789
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk :quick question removing empty line.

How to write in awk to remove lines starting with "#" and then process the file: This is not working: cat file|awk '{if ($0 ~ /^#/) $0="";print NF>0}' When I just give cat file|awk '{if ($0 ~ /^#/) $0="";print }' it prints the blank lines . I don't wnat the blank lines along with the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last character of a specific line from a file

Hello guys, I would need to remove the last character ")" of a specific line. This can be from any line. Your help is appreciated. Below is the line. HOSTNAME=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)) Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sang8g
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing LF from specific line in XML

Hello Guys, I have an XML file with below sample (just one data record is given below), I am getting LF characters as mentioned in below specific lines. I need to remove those. When I tried, it is removing from complete file instead of those two specific lines. And to add one LF after one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies
libssh2_knownhost_check(3)					  libssh2 manual					libssh2_knownhost_check(3)

NAME
libssh2_knownhost_checkp - check a host+key against the list of known hosts SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_knownhost_checkp(LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOSTS *hosts, const char *host, int port, const char *key, size_t keylen, int typemask, struct libssh2_knownhost **knownhost); DESCRIPTION
Checks a host and its associated key against the collection of known hosts, and returns info back about the (partially) matched entry. host is a pointer the host name in plain text. The host name can be the IP numerical address of the host or the full name. port is the port number used by the host (or a negative number to check the generic host). If the port number is given, libssh2 will check the key for the specific host + port number combination in addition to the plain host name only check. key is a pointer to the key for the given host. keylen is the total size in bytes of the key pointed to by the key argument typemask is a bitmask that specifies format and info about the data passed to this function. Specificly, it details what format the host name is, what format the key is and what key type it is. The host name is given as one of the following types: LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_TYPE_PLAIN or LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_TYPE_CUSTOM. The key is encoded using one of the following encodings: LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_KEYENC_RAW or LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_KEYENC_BASE64. knownhost if set to non-NULL, it must be a pointer to a 'struct libssh2_knownhost' pointer that gets filled in to point to info about a known host that matches or partially matches. RETURN VALUE
libssh2_knownhost_check(3) returns info about how well the provided host + key pair matched one of the entries in the list of known hosts. LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_FAILURE - something prevented the check to be made LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_NOTFOUND - no host match was found LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_MATCH - hosts and keys match. LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_MISMATCH - host was found, but the keys didn't match! AVAILABILITY
Added in libssh2 1.2.6 EXAMPLE
See the ssh2_exec.c example as provided in the tarball. SEE ALSO
libssh2_knownhost_init(3) libssh2_knownhost_free(3) libssh2_knownhost_add(3) libssh2 1.2.6 1 May 2010 libssh2_knownhost_check(3)