Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk removing specific line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk removing specific line Post 302493596 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 3rd of February 2011 07:44:07 AM
Old 02-03-2011
Try: match($1,"^"key"="), or
Code:
/usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F= '$1!=key' key=c conf.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a specific line using AWK

Hi, I have a script that fetches only specific information from fcinfo command. Below is a portion of the script. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x HBA_COUNT=`sudo fcinfo hba-port | grep -i state | awk 'END{print NR}'` echo "$HBA_COUNT HBAs exist" echo '........' INDEX=1 while $INDEX -le... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_won
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk removing newline and specific position

Hello Friends, Input File looks as follows: >FASTA Header1 line1 line2 line3 linen >FASTA Header2 Line1 Line2 linen >FASTA Header3 and so on ....... Output: Want something as: >FASTA Header1 line1line2line3linen >FASTA Header2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or awk - removing part of line?

hi all, I am having trouble finding the right string for this - I dont know whether to use awk or sed.. If I have a file with alot of names and phone numbers like this McGowan,Sean 978-934-4000 Kilcoyne,Kathleen 603-555-1212 Club603,The 617-505-1332 Boyle,William 301-444-1221 And... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting rows line by line from a specific column using Awk

Dear UNIX community, I would like to to count characters from a specific row and have them displayed line-by-line. I have a file called testAwk2.csv which contain the following data: rabbit penguin goat giraffe emu ostrich I would like to count in the middle row individually... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnayak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to read a specific line and a specific field on that line.

Say the input was as follows: Brat 20 x 1000 32rf Pour 15 p 1621 05pr Dart 10 z 1111 22xx My program prompts for an input, what I want is to use the input to locate a specific field. Like if I type in, "Pou" then it would return "Pour" and just "Pour" I currently have this line but it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bungkai
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific line in awk

Hi, I'm totally new to awk, so thanks in advance for your help. I want to make a csv file out of a text file I've exported from a database I want to do two things: 1. Change pipes ("|") to commas (",") to make a text file into CSV 2. Remove the second line of the file, which is useless junk. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pip56789
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk :quick question removing empty line.

How to write in awk to remove lines starting with "#" and then process the file: This is not working: cat file|awk '{if ($0 ~ /^#/) $0="";print NF>0}' When I just give cat file|awk '{if ($0 ~ /^#/) $0="";print }' it prints the blank lines . I don't wnat the blank lines along with the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last character of a specific line from a file

Hello guys, I would need to remove the last character ")" of a specific line. This can be from any line. Your help is appreciated. Below is the line. HOSTNAME=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)) Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sang8g
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing LF from specific line in XML

Hello Guys, I have an XML file with below sample (just one data record is given below), I am getting LF characters as mentioned in below specific lines. I need to remove those. When I tried, it is removing from complete file instead of those two specific lines. And to add one LF after one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies
keyname(3XCURSES)					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					 keyname(3XCURSES)

NAME
keyname, key_name - return character string used as key name SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> char *keyname(int c); char *key_name(wchar_t wc); PARAMETERS
c Is an 8 bit-character or a key code. wc Is a wide character key name. DESCRIPTION
The keyname() function returns a string pointer to the key name. Make a duplicate copy of the returned string if you plan to modify it. The key_name() function is similar except that it accepts a wide character key name. The following table shows the format of the key name based on the input. +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Input Format of Key Name | |Visible character The same character | |Control character ^X | |Meta-character (keyname() only) M-X | |Key value defined in <curses.h> KEY_name | |(keyname() only) | |None of the above UNKNOWN KEY | +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ In the preceding table, X can be either a visible character with the high bit cleared or a control character. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return a pointer to the string used as the key's name. Otherwise, they return a null pointer. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libcurses(3XCURSES), meta(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 keyname(3XCURSES)