Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Inherited VIO server an LPARs Post 302493446 by zxmaus on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 06:51:17 PM
Old 02-02-2011
you know if you do it this way, than you loose everything if the vio server goes down ?

Apart from that why dont you just work with vscsi and redundant vio servers rather than with file backed IO - would make maintenance a lot easier I think ...
Regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Inherited server - need help

I have inherited admin duties on an old server running SCO Open Server 5. No changes have been made to this thing for a very long time. The server has started randomly disconnecting itself from the network. I have to reboot the server to get it to find the network again. It happens about once a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmickens
3 Replies

2. AIX

Virtual Ethernet VIO HMC LPARs

Hi, I am little confused about the virtual Ethernet configuration on VIO and Client Partitions. There is alot of info on the internet but it gets more confusing.... If I have LHEA, it is very simple. Just assign LHEA (logical host ethernet adapter) to client partition -> run smitty tcpip and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
10 Replies

3. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. AIX

Identifying the vio server names

Hi My vio client is getting its virtual Ethernet services from dual vio servers. What command if I execute on the vio client will get me the names of the vio servers ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIO server on p520

trying to put VIO server software into this p520, firmware upgraded to the latest and greatest..SF240_415_318 , I think a few questions, on this practice AIX machine on AIX 7.1 VIO can only be installed if ASMI or HMC is running ??? if so, perhaps ASMI is much simpler, since I will need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

6. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. AIX

Mirroring vio server

Hi, I would like to know installing vio server on local disk and mirroring rootvg, if I am creating AIX VIO CLIENT(lpar), and any of single local hard disk failuare. will it affect lpars? will lpars able to boot. what needs to be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. AIX

VIO Server

Hi, I am facing an issue in vio server. When I run bosboot -ad /dev/hdisk0 I am getting an error trustchk: Verification of attributes failed: /usr/sbin/bootinfo : accessauths regards, vjm Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to identify the blade from VIO server?

Hello, I would like to identify the blade or/and bladecenter from the hosted VIO server. I prefer the "command line" solution. May be kdb. Like, I want to ask the child about his father. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: x41
1 Replies

10. AIX

Need to replace a broken PV in a VIO VG used for client LPARs (and it won't release the old one)

I have a broken PV in a VIO VG that's used to support client LPARs using LVs. On the client LPAR, I reduced all PVs from the relevant client VG and thus deleted it. I.e. there is no client LPAR using the VIO VG. Yet when I try to reducevg the VIO VG, it complains that the LV hosted on the PV is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
2 Replies
vxsplitlines(1M)														  vxsplitlines(1M)

NAME
vxsplitlines - show disks with conflicting configuration copies in a cluster SYNOPSIS
vxsplitlines [-g diskgroup] [-c daname] DESCRIPTION
If you import portions of a disk group on different systems, this can lead to conflicting configuration copies on the disks of the disk group. If the configuration information in a disk group is ambiguous, it may not be possible for Veritas Volume Manager to determine which config- uration copy is most up-to-date. (This is usually termed a serial split brain (SSB) condition when it occurs in a cluster.) You cannot import a disk group in this state unless you specify which disk's configuration copy to use. You can use the vxsplitlines command to see which disks in a disk group have conflicting configuration copies, and use this information together with your knowledge of the history of the disk groups' usage to determine which configuration copy is most valid. The output from vxsplitlines displays the vxdg commands that you can run to import the disk group using the available configuration copies. The -o selectcp option of the vxdg import command is used to select the configuration copy to use for the import. OPTIONS
-c daname Display the SSB IDs for each disk that are stored in the configuration copy on the disk specified by its disk access name. Note: Although the SSB IDs for some disks may match, this does not necessarily mean that those disks' configuration copies have recorded all the configuration changes. When viewed from some other configuration copies, the SSB IDs of the same disks may not match. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group. If a disk group is not specified, the default disk group is used as determined from the rules on the vxdg(1M) manual page. EXAMPLES
Display the disks on each side of the split in the disk group newdg: vxsplitlines -g newdg Display the SSB IDs stored in the configuration copy on disk c2t4d0: vxsplitlines -g newdg -c c2t4d0 NOTES
The vxsplitlines is primarily intended to be used with private disk groups, but it also works with shared disk groups. The version number of the disk group must be 110 or greater. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsplitlines(1M)