Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strange Process FIST
Special Forums Cybersecurity Strange Process FIST Post 302493251 by zaxxon on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 08:31:32 AM
Old 02-02-2011
Could try a "which fist" to maybe find it's binary. Also a ps with different switches/options could show the path to that binary.
When you found it, you might issue a
Code:
strings fist

to see what kind of readable text is in it to hopefully get a clue.
Also query your package management like rpm for example on other Linux distros to get information - it could be part of an installed package.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expression for replacing the fist word with a last word in line

I have a File with the below contents File1 I have no prior experience in unix. I have just started to work in unix. My experience in unix is 0. My Total It exp is 3 yrs. I need to replace the first word in each line with the last word for example unix have no prior experience in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kri_swami
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a file using the fist column and printing second column

Hello all. I have a problem that I need help solving. I would like to convert the following file: human pool1_12 10e-02 45 67 human pool1_1899 10e-01 45 29 human pool1_1829 10e-01 43 26 horse pool1_343 10e-20 65 191 horse pool1_454 10e-09 44 43... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viralnerd
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Strange slash in process

I have Solaris-9, where ndsd application is running. If i grep it, it should three slashed in front of path. Thought everything is working working, but it looks strange, why it is like this. root@trim_prt7:/# ps -ef | grep -i ndsd root 21505 21355 0 08:58:20 pts/23 0:00 grep -i ndsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX: two strange process

I check for top 10 cpu consumer ps auxww |head -10 USER PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 131076 23,6 0,0 448 448 - A 16:00:59 50:21 wait root 983070 21,9 0,0 448 448 - A 16:00:59 46:43 waitI try to kill them sudo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)