Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: delete string using AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete string using AWK Post 302493236 by rocking77 on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 07:49:10 AM
Old 02-02-2011
yes its working fine.Can i know the meaning of this statement?

with out giving $3, and $1 in the ouput how come the SCHEMA. string got depriciated?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a comma from string

Hey guys, Its a simple question though, but since I'm new to this shell scripting world ... it's kind of difficult. Say I have some string as : ListenAddress=ABCServer1,ABCServer2 I want to output the value of ListenAddress as ... ABCServer1 ABCServer2 so, basically, I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a string on column1

Hi I have a file with multiple columns. But there is something weird on column one that is attached to the name. The good thing is that its a consistent pattern so there should be a way to remove it. So the first column looks something like this: name_345.4ml date_3456.4ml year_12.4ml... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find number in string and delete it AWK

Hi all, i have some logs on my linux server that looks like this: CDR.2012-04-30:30-04-2012 14:09:36;123456456654;A;Greetings! Your amount is 42.24 dollars (without VAT) until 30/04/2012 11:00. CDR.2012-04-30:30-04-2012 14:09:36;12154878454212;A;Greetings! Your amount is 4203.2 dollars... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete only commas in a string in AWK

How can I delete just commands in a string. I tried x = gsub(/,/,"",$1); (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecaine
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk delete line if $5 contains string from list

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string comparison unterminated quoted string andrule of thumb

I have the logic below to look up for matches within the columns between the two files with awk. In the if statement is where the string comparison is attempted with == The issue seems to be with the operands, as 1. when " '${SECTOR}' " -- double quote followed by single quote -- awk matches... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
GSETTINGS(1)							   User Commands						      GSETTINGS(1)

NAME
gsettings - GSettings configuration tool SYNOPSIS
gsettings get SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings monitor SCHEMA [:PATH] [KEY] gsettings writable SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings range SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings set SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY VALUE gsettings reset SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings reset-recursively SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-schemas gsettings list-relocatable-schemas gsettings list-keys SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-children SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-recursively [SCHEMA [:PATH]] gsettings help [COMMAND] DESCRIPTION
gsettings offers a simple commandline interface to GSettings. It lets you get, set or monitor an individual key for changes. The SCHEMA and KEY arguments are required for most commands to specify the schema id and the name of the key to operate on. The schema id may optionally have a :PATH suffix. Specifying the path is only needed if the schema does not have a fixed path. When setting a key, you also need specify a VALUE The format for the value is that of a serialized GVariant, so e.g. a string must include explicit quotes: "'foo'". This format is also used when printing out values. COMMANDS
get Gets the value of KEY. The value is printed out as a serialised GVariant. monitor Monitors KEY for changes and prints the changed values. If no KEY is specified, all keys in the schema are monitored. Monitoring will continue until the process is terminated. writable Finds out whether KEY is writable. range Queries the range of valid values for KEY. set Sets the value of KEY to VALUE. The value is specified as a serialised GVariant. reset Resets KEY to its default value. reset-recursively Reset all keys under the given SCHEMA. list-schemas Lists the installed, non-relocatable schemas. See list-relocatable-schemas if you are interested in relocatable schemas. list-relocatable-schemas Lists the installed, relocatable schemas. See list-schemas if you are interested in non-relocatable schemas. list-keys Lists the keys in SCHEMA. list-children Lists the children of SCHEMA. list-recursively Lists keys and values, recursively. If no SCHEMA is given, list keys in all schemas. help Prints help and exits. GIO
GSETTINGS(1)