Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move input file based on condition Post 302493227 by AngelMady on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 07:21:54 AM
Old 02-02-2011
Yes, something like this.

Thank you very much, it's a solution to remember.

For the moment it's not working within Ab Initio but it's working fine from the command line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print on condition in input file

I need only those records which has $2 equal to "DEF" independent of case (i.e upper or lower) nawk -F"," '$2 ~ //{print $0}' file This returns 3rd record also which i dont want I tried this but this doesnt work as expected. nawk -F"," '$2 == ""{print $0}' file i dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy input file based on condition

Hi, I am new to unix shell programming. I want to write a shell script for a functionality existing in mainframe system. I have one file as below as input 123456 &__987 &12yuq abcdef _ referes to blank condition:whenever the input file is having &__ ,it should be replaced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan0703
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to move a file based on size

Hi All, I have some files in a directory. If the file size is 0 i want to move the file to new directory using unix script. Can anyone help me in this regard Thanks Vinny (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file based on filename

Hi All I need a script to manipulate files based on a filename: example filename: 66600_042706.pdf the script will create a directory 66000 only if this directory is not existing. If that directory is existing it will just move the file to 66000/666000_042706.pdf in addition, i want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemestech
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in Input feed based on condition file

Sorry Guys for not being able to explain in one of my earlier post. I am now putting my requirement with the input file and desired output file. In the below input file - Transaction code is at position 31:40. Business code is from position 318:321 TSCM00000005837 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I change file value based on condition

Hi, Gurus, I got a problem to resolve following issue: I have one file file1as following: start_dt=2010-01-01 12:00:02 start_dt=2011-01-01 09:00:02 start_dt=2009-01-01 11:00:02I have another file file2 as following: title1, 2010-01-03 10:00:02 title2, 2011-01-04 11:00:02 title3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Logic - How to move files based on a condition

Hi All, I have 2 LINUX scripts (Lets say ScriptA & ScriptB) which copies files (lets say 'date_abc.txt , it goes to a while loop & checks for the files between 2 date varialbles) to directory X. (as Shown Below) These 2 scripts are called from 2 different Autosys schedules & runs at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move based on date

how to move file based on date in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedzoniac
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to add +1 to value based on condition in input

In the awk below I am trying to add a | that will adjust $2 in the ouput by adding +1 if the original value from file that was used in $3 had a - in it. Line 3 of file is an example of this. In my current awk I just subtract one but I am not sure how to only apply this to those values without a -.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - mtools utility to convert a UNIX file to DOS format SYNOPSIS
unix2dos unixfile OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
Name of the file to convert. DESCRIPTION
The unix2dos command converts a file from UNIX format to DOS format. The converted file replaces the original file. Subdirectory names that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command can be used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to DOS), otherwise the default is A:. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of unix2dos: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mcopy(1), mread(1), mtools(1) mtype(1), mwrite(1) unix2dos(1)