Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: delete string using AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete string using AWK Post 302493226 by rocking77 on Wednesday 2nd of February 2011 07:21:24 AM
Old 02-02-2011
delete string using AWK

inputfile has 3 columns

Code:
SCHEMA.TAB1  COL1 LENGTH
SCHEMA.TAB2  COL2 LENGTH.

If i use awk on the above inputfile

awk '{print $1}' inputfile.The out put will be

Code:
SCHEMA.TAB1
SCHEMA.TAB2.

But from the above output i need to delete SCHEMA. i.e i don't want the string "SCHEMA." should display in output.Can some body help me how to code that ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a comma from string

Hey guys, Its a simple question though, but since I'm new to this shell scripting world ... it's kind of difficult. Say I have some string as : ListenAddress=ABCServer1,ABCServer2 I want to output the value of ListenAddress as ... ABCServer1 ABCServer2 so, basically, I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a string on column1

Hi I have a file with multiple columns. But there is something weird on column one that is attached to the name. The good thing is that its a consistent pattern so there should be a way to remove it. So the first column looks something like this: name_345.4ml date_3456.4ml year_12.4ml... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find number in string and delete it AWK

Hi all, i have some logs on my linux server that looks like this: CDR.2012-04-30:30-04-2012 14:09:36;123456456654;A;Greetings! Your amount is 42.24 dollars (without VAT) until 30/04/2012 11:00. CDR.2012-04-30:30-04-2012 14:09:36;12154878454212;A;Greetings! Your amount is 4203.2 dollars... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete only commas in a string in AWK

How can I delete just commands in a string. I tried x = gsub(/,/,"",$1); (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecaine
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk delete line if $5 contains string from list

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string comparison unterminated quoted string andrule of thumb

I have the logic below to look up for matches within the columns between the two files with awk. In the if statement is where the string comparison is attempted with == The issue seems to be with the operands, as 1. when " '${SECTOR}' " -- double quote followed by single quote -- awk matches... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
CREATE 
SCHEMA(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE SCHEMA(7) NAME
CREATE_SCHEMA - define a new schema SYNOPSIS
CREATE SCHEMA schema_name [ AUTHORIZATION user_name ] [ schema_element [ ... ] ] CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION user_name [ schema_element [ ... ] ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE SCHEMA enters a new schema into the current database. The schema name must be distinct from the name of any existing schema in the current database. A schema is essentially a namespace: it contains named objects (tables, data types, functions, and operators) whose names can duplicate those of other objects existing in other schemas. Named objects are accessed either by "qualifying" their names with the schema name as a prefix, or by setting a search path that includes the desired schema(s). A CREATE command specifying an unqualified object name creates the object in the current schema (the one at the front of the search path, which can be determined with the function current_schema). Optionally, CREATE SCHEMA can include subcommands to create objects within the new schema. The subcommands are treated essentially the same as separate commands issued after creating the schema, except that if the AUTHORIZATION clause is used, all the created objects will be owned by that user. PARAMETERS
schema_name The name of a schema to be created. If this is omitted, the user_name is used as the schema name. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system schemas. user_name The role name of the user who will own the new schema. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. To create a schema owned by another role, you must be a direct or indirect member of that role, or be a superuser. schema_element An SQL statement defining an object to be created within the schema. Currently, only CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE INDEX, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE TRIGGER and GRANT are accepted as clauses within CREATE SCHEMA. Other kinds of objects may be created in separate commands after the schema is created. NOTES
To create a schema, the invoking user must have the CREATE privilege for the current database. (Of course, superusers bypass this check.) EXAMPLES
Create a schema: CREATE SCHEMA myschema; Create a schema for user joe; the schema will also be named joe: CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION joe; Create a schema and create a table and view within it: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood CREATE TABLE films (title text, release date, awards text[]) CREATE VIEW winners AS SELECT title, release FROM films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; Notice that the individual subcommands do not end with semicolons. The following is an equivalent way of accomplishing the same result: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood; CREATE TABLE hollywood.films (title text, release date, awards text[]); CREATE VIEW hollywood.winners AS SELECT title, release FROM hollywood.films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard allows a DEFAULT CHARACTER SET clause in CREATE SCHEMA, as well as more subcommand types than are presently accepted by PostgreSQL. The SQL standard specifies that the subcommands in CREATE SCHEMA can appear in any order. The present PostgreSQL implementation does not handle all cases of forward references in subcommands; it might sometimes be necessary to reorder the subcommands in order to avoid forward references. According to the SQL standard, the owner of a schema always owns all objects within it. PostgreSQL allows schemas to contain objects owned by users other than the schema owner. This can happen only if the schema owner grants the CREATE privilege on his schema to someone else, or a superuser chooses to create objects in it. SEE ALSO
ALTER SCHEMA (ALTER_SCHEMA(7)), DROP SCHEMA (DROP_SCHEMA(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE SCHEMA(7)