Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Embedding HTML in Perl script Post 302492715 by pludi on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 08:37:52 AM
Old 02-01-2011
Perl ain't PHP, and even with PHP that wouldn't work.

You have to print the HTML part, eg
Code:
print << FOOTER;
<!-- Your footer stuff here -->
FOOTER

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Variable input via HTML

I am completely new to perl and am just going over the tutorials right now. What I am trying to attempt is to take the input from the HTML (in a form) and use those variables in a perl script. I've looked everywhere for a simple example on how to do this and cannot find it or do not understand... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl and html

hi. im very new to perl. is it possible to fill up a web form and submit it using perl? example, i would like to sign up for a yahoo account though a perl script (ofcourse, granting the "type the characters as shown in imgage" is absent)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML parsing by PERL

i have a HTML report file..its in attachment(a part of the whole report is attached..name "input html.doc").also its source is attached in "report source code.txt" i just want to seperate the datas like in first line it should be.. NHTEST-3848498958-NHTEST-10.2-no-baloo a and so on for whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedding Perl construct in ksh...

Hi, I have an embedded Perl construct in a korn script. However, I cannot seem to access the shell variables that were declared outside this Perl section. This is how my script is written....I have also tried back-ticks where I assign the shell variable to my local perl variable, still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svetlur
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + Korn + HTML

I have a perl script that prints up the html code and executes a few korn scripts to populate the web code. Disclaimer === I can throw together some korn scripts pretty quick. This code changes pretty frequently. I don't know enough about perl to do everything I need. One day maybe I'll get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i9300
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Embedding file output into a script

Hello. I found a Unix script on this site that calculates a date that is 2 months earlier from today. I'm using that script and writing the value to a file called 2monthsago.txt. I want to use that value in another script. Below is my attempt at doing that and the results. My Script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Colel2
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help embedding Unix commands in a shell script

Hi Folks, I have a text file which may or may not have any data. I would like to email the file, via a Korn shell script, if the file is not empty. I am fiddling around with the wc -l command, but no luck so far. The pseudo code is as follows count=`wc -l test.txt` if cat test.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogers42
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing single line in html file in perl script

Hi Folks, It is regarding the perl scripting. I have an html file(many files) which contains the below line in the body tag. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> Now I want to read that html file through perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing an HTML file in perl

I'm writing a perl script that writes an html file. use Tie::File; my ($dir) = @ARGV; open (HTML,">","$dir/file.html") || die $!; #-----Building HTML file--------------------------- print HTML "<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Output</title> <link... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies
APACHE_CHILD_TERMINATE(3)						 1						 APACHE_CHILD_TERMINATE(3)

apache_child_terminate - Terminate apache process after this request

SYNOPSIS
bool apache_child_terminate (void ) DESCRIPTION
apache_child_terminate(3) will register the Apache process executing the current PHP request for termination once execution of PHP code is completed. It may be used to terminate a process after a script with high memory consumption has been run as memory will usually only be freed internally but not given back to the operating system. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if PHP is running as an Apache 1 module, the Apache version is non-multithreaded, and the child_terminate PHP directive is enabled (disabled by default). If these conditions are not met, FALSE is returned and an error of level E_WARNING is generated. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | This function became available under FastCGI. | | | Previously, it was supported only when PHP was | | | installed as an Apache module. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ NOTES
Note This function is not implemented on Windows platforms. SEE ALSO
exit(3). PHP Documentation Group APACHE_CHILD_TERMINATE(3)