Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Internet-"Notification"
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Internet-"Notification" Post 302492683 by al0x on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 06:28:00 AM
Old 02-01-2011
Ok new problem:
the client can only be connected with UMTS. Wicd doesn't support UMTS and the only alternative I found is UMTSmon, which works fine, but can't run a script as soon as the connection is established...
How could I do that? (automatically run script as soon as connected)
thx in advance! Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

how to access computer behind cable modem, from outside,across "the Internet"

hi im running a web server running, connected to my cable modem, which, as usual, has 2 different network address. one from "outside"(ie from isp), and the other for the internal network. im giving a static ip to the server.how do i access this server from outside the network across "the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I connect a hpux10.x os machine to "the internet" via a WinXP client?

I am wondering how can I cross this technical border of my ignorance for quite sometime, 6 months to be more exact, and just don't get it quite. I did read some newbies' literatures on UNIX OS but could not find the key to unlock the HP workstations (OS dated 1997 maybe because the man page... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liumx2000
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
aseqnet(1)						      General Commands Manual							aseqnet(1)

NAME
aseqnet - ALSA sequencer connectors over network SYNOPSIS
aseqnet [remotehost] DESCRIPTION
aseqnet is an ALSA sequencer client which sends and receives event packets over network. Suppose two hosts connected by network, hostA as a server and hostB as a client. The ALSA sequencer system must be running on both hosts. For creating the server port, run the following on hostA: hostA% aseqnet sequencer opened: 128:0 Then a user client 128 with port 0 was opened on hostA. (The client number may vary.) For creating the (network-)client port, run aseqnet with the hostname of the server: hostB% aseqnet hostA sequencer opened: 132:0 Now all events sent to hostA:128:0 are transferred to hostB:132:0, and vice versa. The ports created by aseqnet can be connected arbitrary to other sequencer ports via aconnect(1). For example, to connect hostB:132:0 to a MIDI output device 65:0: hostB% aconnect 132:0 65:0 Then events to hostA:128:0 will be delivered to hostB:65:0. The following command plays MIDI on hostB. hostA% pmidi -p 128:0 foo.mid The multiple clients may exist simultaneously. If hostC is connected as a client to hostA, events from from hostA are sent to all con- nected network clients, i.e. hostB and hostC. However, only one connection is allowed from a client to a server. To disconnect network, stop all clients before server by ctrl-C or sending signal to them. The server will automatically quit. OPTIONS
-p port Specify the TCP port number or TCP service name. -s addr Subscribe to the given address for read automatically. -d addr Subscribe to the given address for write automatically. -v Verbose mode. SEE ALSO
aconnect(1), pmidi(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>. January 1, 2000 aseqnet(1)