Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to extract forum posts Post 302492673 by KidCactus on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 06:07:40 AM
Old 02-01-2011
That would of course be a better idea.

I have this html file (attached to the post), and I want to cut out all text between:

thread_id=666&page=6666#666666">

and

</a>

And the between

<div style="padding:2px 0px 3px 0px;">

and

</div>

wherever that occurs in the html file.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor forum

Hello. I am attempting to write a pretty complex script that monitors a forum and alerts me whenever a new post is made (this part of the script is done). I then want to have the script auto reply to the post with a predetermined message. The one catch here is this is a VERY popular forum. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yousillygoose
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! SHELL or AWK script - only the masters of the forum will solve

Hello everybody! I have no experience with shell Programmer, but I need to compare 02 files. Txt and generate an output or a new file, after the comparisons. see: If the column 1 of file1 is equal to column 1 of file2, and column 3 of file2 contains the column 4 of file1, output: column1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: He2
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script required (Example of a Bad Forum Subject)

A file contains the following data Name, Age, Sex, city, country abc, 20, m, tokyo, Japan def, 21, f, sydney, Australia ghd, 23, m, chicago, USA rww, 29, f, london, UK I need the city column to be replaced with XXX as follows Name, Age, Sex, city, country abc, 20, m, XXX, Japan... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vva
8 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
MYSQLI_THREAD_ID(3)							 1						       MYSQLI_THREAD_ID(3)

mysqli::$thread_id - Returns the thread ID for the current connection

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
int$mysqli->thread_id () DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int mysqli_thread_id (mysqli $link) The mysqli_thread_id(3) function returns the thread ID for the current connection which can then be killed using the mysqli_kill(3) func- tion. If the connection is lost and you reconnect with mysqli_ping(3), the thread ID will be other. Therefore you should get the thread ID only when you need it. Note The thread ID is assigned on a connection-by-connection basis. Hence, if the connection is broken and then re-established a new thread ID will be assigned. To kill a running query you can use the SQL command KILL QUERY processid. PARAMETERS
o $ link -Procedural style only: A link identifier returned by mysqli_connect(3) or mysqli_init(3) RETURN VALUES
Returns the Thread ID for the current connection. EXAMPLES
Example #1 $mysqli->thread_id example Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* determine our thread id */ $thread_id = $mysqli->thread_id; /* Kill connection */ $mysqli->kill($thread_id); /* This should produce an error */ if (!$mysqli->query("CREATE TABLE myCity LIKE City")) { printf("Error: %s ", $mysqli->error); exit; } /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* determine our thread id */ $thread_id = mysqli_thread_id($link); /* Kill connection */ mysqli_kill($link, $thread_id); /* This should produce an error */ if (!mysqli_query($link, "CREATE TABLE myCity LIKE City")) { printf("Error: %s ", mysqli_error($link)); exit; } /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Error: MySQL server has gone away SEE ALSO
mysqli_kill(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_THREAD_ID(3)