Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To log binary file output to a txt file Post 302492632 by birei on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 04:11:44 AM
Old 02-01-2011
Hi,

May be the problem in SCRIPT_HOME variable??

Trying to generate the output file in root dirertory, an issue with permissions??

Regards,
Birei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a .log file into .txt file under unix??

Hi Friends, I have a .log file generated from a tool(Windows PC) which can be opened using a notepad, but when I tried to view the file in unix (cygwin on my laptop) the file type is showing as binary file, So I am unable to process the file. I need to extract some of the selected text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a log file and appending to a .txt file

I'm new to shell scripting and am writing a script to help me log the free memory and hd space on a server. As of now, the script just runs 'df -h' and appends the output to a file and then runs 'top' and appends the output to a log file. What I want to do, is have the script also search the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store output of DB Cursor to a txt file

I am writing a cursor to select values from 3 tables. I want to store these values in a txt file which I will be sending via ftp. I am able to store the results of simple select queries to the txt file. but I am not sure how to store the values when using a cursor. I have given the sql query below.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveensraj
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

man command output to a txt file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to outut the man command output into a text file which will help me for future reference. 2.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariniiyer300
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection of c binary file to a file in shell script is failing

I am struck up with a problem and that is with output redirection. I used all the ways for the redirection of the output of c binary to a file, still it is failing. Here are the different ways which I have used: ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 2>&1 ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 1>&1 ./a.out |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya29988
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing inline binary data from txt file

I am trying to parse a file but the filehas binary data inline mixed with text fields. I tried the binutils strings function , it get the binary data out but put the char following the binary data in a new line . input file app_id:1936 pgm_num:0 branch:TBNY ord_num:0500012(–QMK) deal_num:0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert output.txt into html file

I have output.txt file generated through shell scripts which need convert in tabular format using html can you please help me output.txt Token State Date1 Date2 Description Name 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies
DH_FIXPERMS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_FIXPERMS(1)

NAME
dh_fixperms - fix permissions of files in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_fixperms [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] DESCRIPTION
dh_fixperms is a debhelper program that is responsible for setting the permissions of files and directories in package build directories to a sane state -- a state that complies with Debian policy. dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644. It also changes the permissions of all man pages to mode 644. It removes group and other write permission from all files. It removes execute permissions from any libraries, headers, Perl modules, or desktop files that have it set. It makes all files in the standard bin and sbin directories, usr/games/ and etc/init.d executable (since v4). Finally, it removes the setuid and setgid bits from all files in the package. When the Rules-Requires-Root field has the (effective) value of binary-targets, dh_fixperms will also reset the ownership of all paths to "root:root". OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from having their permissions changed. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_FIXPERMS(1)