Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple not statement in AWK Post 302492629 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 03:41:09 AM
Old 02-01-2011
Try changing || to &&

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple Logical statement

hi I have following if condition line_by_line="0000000000000tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" if then echo "Exclusion criteria" else echo "Not exclusion criteria" fi above condition works perfectley but if i add one more logical condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Condition If statement

Hi, I would like to create an IF statement where if a variable is equal to at least one of 2 (or more) values then the script proceeds. For example: TEST_VAR=2 if ; then echo success! else echo failure fi I understand that the above syntax is wrong but I feel it must be close. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with multiple conditions

I have a script that runs on multiple servers. What I want to do is have the script do the following: if $(hostname) is equal to server or server2 then TO_DIR=go else TO_DIR=stop fi I have tried: if if ] Server is hpux. any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Initializing multiple variables in one statement

HI, I have 5 variables var1, var2, var3, var4 and var5 I need to initialize all of them to zero. Is there a way to do it in a single line something like this var1=var2=var3=var4=var5=0. I am unable to achieve this. What is going wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paku
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple if statement

#! /bin/csh set umr=UMR foreach i ( `ls`) set file_nm=$i set bh_nm=`echo $file_nm | cut -d"_" -f2` if($bh_nm !=$umr) then { set bh_ext=`echo $file_nm | cut -d"_" -f4` set bh_num_nm="$bh_nm $bh_ext a .txt" mv $file_nm $bh_num_nm } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions in a CASE statement

is it possible to use multiple conditions in a CASE statement? And if so, what is the syntax? I'm trying to use one but can't seem to get it right. I want the statement to be CASE $vendor OR $alias condition 1) statements; condition 2) statements; etc. esac but I keep... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple FOR;Singe DO statement

Hi guys, I'm trying to send variable commands from 2 different files but I'm not figuring out how to put 2 "i" variables into the command, can anyone help? This is what is done when I read only 1 file: for i in $(file1.txt);do echo "$i " I'm trying to echo 2 variables, matching the lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check Multiple conditions in IF statement?

I wish to check two conditions inside the if statement Condition 1: The two file contents should be identical // using cmp command for this. Condition 2: The two filenames should NOT be the same. This is what i did in vain. if ]; then where entry1 and entry2 are ls *.txt | while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
TEE(1)								   User Commands							    TEE(1)

NAME
tee - read from standard input and write to standard output and files SYNOPSIS
tee [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Copy standard input to each FILE, and also to standard output. -a, --append append to the given FILEs, do not overwrite -i, --ignore-interrupts ignore interrupt signals --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If a FILE is -, copy again to standard output. AUTHOR
Written by Mike Parker, Richard M. Stallman, and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report tee bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for tee is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and tee programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'tee invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 TEE(1)