Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Useful Hardware commands
Special Forums Hardware Useful Hardware commands Post 302492610 by cokedude on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 02:17:47 AM
Old 02-01-2011
Useful Hardware commands

Are there any other useful hardware commands to get information about your hardware? Is there any information that can't be found with these commands?

Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
cat /proc/meminfo
dmesg
lspci
sudo dmidecode
cpuid | more
lspci -v | grep VGA
sudo lspci -v -s 00:02.0
sudo lspci -vvv -s 00:02.0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware 3d

How do I check my system to see if the graphics are using hardware 3d suport or not. I have a TNT2 on RH 7.1 kernel 2.4.9-?(can't remember off top of my head)I'm running all the latest updates from RH. Also I now have a dvd drive and I am trying to find a player that will play all movies and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxCat
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and SUN unix commands for hardware monitoring

Hello again, I would like to know if the following commands: diag, errpt, lscfg, lspv, lsvg, lsps, lslv for AIX and prtdiag, psrinfo, sysdef for SUN are native to these systems or if they are in fact scripts that are added after the unix installation. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX Hardware commands.

HI ALL, I am new tp HPUX and i am looking for command that will retive me the following information on HPUX: Chassis Name & Serial Number: Monitor Name BIOS Name EthernetPort Name IPEndpoint Name PointingDevice Name Keyboard NetworkPrinter Name LocalPrinter (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
5 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Hardware commands

Hi All, Needed commands to find Monitor , chassis & keyboard related information on AIX. Please please please help. Thanks VK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

5. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

7. Solaris

commands hanging when querying hardware

Hi all Got another strange one. If I try to enquire about the hardware, the command hangs implying Ive got a hardware issue. So, if I execute :- iostat -en sysdef - ( stops at the devices part ) format cfgadm -al Anything that searches the devices, then the command hangs. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
4 Replies

8. AIX

New Hardware

Can someone help me with what I am guessing is a simple job for an AIX admin. However I am 100% HP-UX and not touched AIX before the start of this week. I am trying to connect an IBM Blade (JS22) to our HP Enterprise Tape Library. I have done all the SAN zoning and this appears to be happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
5 Replies

9. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies
request_scroll(3alleg4) 					  Allegro manual					   request_scroll(3alleg4)

NAME
request_scroll - Queues a hardware scroll request with triple buffering. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int request_scroll(int x, int y); DESCRIPTION
This function is used for triple buffering. It requests a hardware scroll to the specified position, but returns immediately rather than waiting for a retrace. The scroll will then take place during the next vertical retrace, but you can carry on running other code in the meantime and use the poll_scroll() routine to detect when the flip has actually taken place. Triple buffering is only possible with certain drivers: you can look at the GFX_CAN_TRIPLE_BUFFER bit in the gfx_capabilities flag to see if it will work with the current driver. RETURN VALUE
This function returns zero on success, non-zero otherwise. SEE ALSO
poll_scroll(3alleg4), request_video_bitmap(3alleg4), gfx_capabilities(3alleg4), scroll_screen(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 request_scroll(3alleg4)