Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Listing the long groupnames
Operating Systems Solaris Listing the long groupnames Post 302492525 by mike12 on Monday 31st of January 2011 07:45:14 PM
Old 01-31-2011
Listing the long groupnames

Hello,

When listing the file systems (using ls -ltr) , if the group names are longer the group name is getting truncated.

Can someone help with the script which would display the truncated group name?

I appreciate if someone could help in this regard.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

long process listing with /usr/ucb/ps weird behaves

hello I am trying to run the following script to get the my-progam pid: #!/bin/ksh tt=`/usr/ucb/ps| grep -i $1| grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` echo $tt When I run the script I get the more PIDs $./test.sh my-program 12033 15033 15034 Actually my-program's PID is 12033....I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeniatbp
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/matching help with long listing of directories

How do I get this to work? cat somefile | grep "-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~" This is the the desired output -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~ I basically want an exact match of the line I am grepping for, the special characters and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long listing of files using find command on remote server via SSH

Hi , I am trying to find some files on a remote machine using the find command. >ssh -q atukuri@remotehostname find /home/atukuri/ -name abc.txt /home/atukuri/abc.txt The above command works fine and lists the file, but if I want to do a long listing of files (ls -l) its not working . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script regarding listing long group names

Hello, When listing the file systems (using ls -ltr) , if the group names are longer the group name is getting truncated. Can someone help with the script which would display the truncated group name? I appreciate if someone could help in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mike12
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for long listing of groupnames

Hello, When listing the file systems (using ls -ltr) , if the group names are longer the group name is getting truncated. Can someone help with the script which would display the truncated group name? I appreciate if someone could help in this regard. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike12
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify ls -l (long listing format output) strictly using SED only straightforward goalhard 4 me doh

Below is a sample out of ls -l which I would like to rearrange or modify by field numbers for example I successfully managed to disect using simple paragraph however for ls -l I can't divide the rows or fields by field number. Successful modification by fields using SED sample: $ sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters

Hi, I have a query regarding execution of a sql query having long listing of parameters ..I need to execute this query inside a shell script. The scenario is like.... Suppose I have a file abc.txt that has the card numbers..it could be in thousands.. then I need to fire a query like ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Listing a file/directory with 7 letters long

I know that I can use wild cards:ls ???????to list files 7 characters long, but how do i omit the .?! and spaces? Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiya54
2 Replies
grpck(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						 grpck(1B)

NAME
grpck - check group database entries SYNOPSIS
/etc/grpck [filename] DESCRIPTION
The grpck utility checks that a file in group(4) does not contain any errors; it checks the /etc/group file by default. FILES
/etc/group ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
groups(1), group(4), passwd(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Too many/few fields An entry in the group file does not have the proper number of fields. No group name The group name field of an entry is empty. Bad character(s) in group name The group name in an entry contains characters other than lower-case letters and digits. Invalid GID The group ID field in an entry is not numeric or is greater than 65535. Null login name A login name in the list of login names in an entry is null. Logname not found in password file A login name in the list of login names in an entry is not in the password file. Line too long A line (including the newline character) in the group file exceeds the maximum length of 512 characters. Duplicate logname entry A login name appears more than once in the list of login names for a group file entry. Out of memory The program cannot allocate memory in order to continue. Maximum groups exceeded for logname A login name's group membership exceeds the maximum, NGROUPS_MAX. SunOS 5.11 10 Jan 2000 grpck(1B)