Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Looping using cut statement
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Looping using cut statement Post 302492474 by DGPickett on Monday 31st of January 2011 02:39:54 PM
Old 01-31-2011
That's fine, but it kinda begs the question of what loop this lives in. Maybe while read . . . do . . . done <file.csv

Also, true csv has double quoting, a little hard to deal with outside a real language.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative statement to cut values from a line

Hi I am new to shell scripting and trying to get values from a text file, I have a text file with values seperated with "|". like aga|120220090525|120220090525|120220090525|120220090530 bab|120220090530|120220090530|120220090535|120220090535|120220090535... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with cut statement

Hi i have the below content in a file and i am trying to cut 5.4 , but when i use the below cut command nothing comes up . I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I am new to unix. Please help me, thanks for the help in advance. $ cat pid.txt 5.4 21399 ./PreRating $ cut -d ' ' -f1 pid.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick1982
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies

7. Programming

Missing Logic Looping Through Switch Statement

Having trouble with the logic when looping over this switch case again: for (j = 0; data != 0; j++){ switch(data){ case 'c': output = ranit(r_brace_array); break; case 'h': output = ranit(pipe_array); break; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies
Font::TTF::Ttc(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Font::TTF::Ttc(3)

NAME
Font::TTF::Ttc - Truetype Collection class DESCRIPTION
A TrueType collection is a collection of TrueType fonts in one file in which tables may be shared between different directories. In order to support this, the TTC introduces the concept of a table being shared by different TrueType fonts. This begs the question of what should happen to the ' PARENT' property of a particular table. It is made to point to the first directory object which refers to it. It is therefore up to the application to sort out any confusion. Confusion only occurs if shared tables require access to non-shared tables. This should not happen since the shared tables are dealing with glyph information only and the private tables are dealing with encoding and glyph identification. Thus the general direction is from identification to glyph and not the other way around (at least not without knowledge of the particular context). INSTANCE VARIABLES
The following instance variables are preceded by a space fname (P) Filename for this TrueType Collection INFILE (P) The filehandle of this collection The following instance variable does not start with a space directs An array of directories (Font::TTF::Font objects) for each sub-font in the directory METHODS
Font::TTF::Ttc->open($fname) Opens and reads the given filename as a TrueType Collection. Reading a collection involves reading each of the directories which go to make up the collection. $c->read Reads a Collection by reading all the directories in the collection $c->find($direct, $name, $check, $off, $len) Hunts around to see if a table with the given characteristics of name, checksum, offset and length has been associated with a directory earlier in the list. Actually on checks the offset since no two tables can share the same offset in a TrueType font, collection or otherwise. $c->DESTROY Closees any opened files by us BUGS
No known bugs, but then not ever executed! AUTHOR
Martin Hosken Martin_Hosken@sil.org. See Font::TTF::Font for copyright and licensing. perl v5.16.3 2011-10-13 Font::TTF::Ttc(3)