Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intel binaries on PPC
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Intel binaries on PPC Post 302492472 by rein on Monday 31st of January 2011 02:32:39 PM
Old 01-31-2011
Sorry guys but no just isn't a good answer.

It looks like http://jpc.sourceforge.net just might do the trick :-)

Java to the rescue :-)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rogue PPC RPm

Hello, i need to Rogue RPm for PPC, anybody knows where i can get it? Thanks. i am new to Unix, thats why ia m postin here. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ro'Taygahn
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies
COMPAT_NETBSD32(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					COMPAT_NETBSD32(8)

NAME
compat_netbsd32 -- setup procedure for 32-bit compatibility on 64-bit platforms DESCRIPTION
The compat_netbsd32 module allows NetBSD/sparc64 to run NetBSD/sparc executables, and NetBSD/amd64 to run NetBSD/i386 executables. To use compat_netbsd32, one must either have COMPAT_NETBSD32 and EXEC_ELF32 in the kernel, or load the compat_netbsd32 and exec_netbsd32 ker- nel modules. Static executables typically need no additional setup. Dynamic binaries require the dynamic linker plus shared libraries. Most of these files will need to be placed under /emul/netbsd32. The easiest method of installing support for these is via the emulators/netbsd32_compat14, emulators/netbsd32_compat15, and emulators/netbsd32_compat16 packages, provided in the NetBSD packages collection. These install 32-bit a.out and ELF compatibility libraries, respectively. The details of what is actually necessary for correct operation are given below. This obviously is handled by the emulator packages. For a.out compatibility, /usr/libexec/ld.so from a 32-bit distribution is required to exist as /emul/netbsd32/usr/libexec/ld.so. For 32-bit ELF compatibility, /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so needs to be in /emul/netbsd32/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so. The shared libraries for a.out binaries do not live under the /emul/netbsd32 directory, but under the /emul/aout directory, where the a.out dynamic linker will find them. BUGS
A list of things which fail to work in compatibility mode should be here. IPC is not well supported. sysctl(3) is not well supported. BSD
March 11, 2006 BSD