Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find files newer than x days
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find files newer than x days Post 302492423 by Leyva62 on Monday 31st of January 2011 11:01:03 AM
Old 01-31-2011
Find files newer than x days

We had an arrant rsync run and started copying over new files from one system to another.

Although this is what we will want to do at some point, for now, we want to maintain the system as it was a few days ago.

I am looking for a script that will find files that are newer than x days.

Ultimately I want to traverse directories looking for these and delete but having the find command work is step one.

Thanx in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files from the past 7 days

Hi All, I have a file which contains the listing of another directory: >cat list.dat -rwxr-xr-x 1 test staff 10240 Oct 02 06:53 test.txtdd -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 0 Oct 04 07:22 test.txx -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 132 Sep 16 2007 test_tt.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files older than 30 days

Dear Friends, I have two queries. 1) I want to see the list of folders which were created 29 days ago. 2) I want to see the folders in which last created file is older than 29 days. Can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find files older than 10 days

What command arguments I can use in unix to list files older than 10 days in my current directory, but I don't want to list the hidden files. find . -type f -mtime +15 -print will work but, it is listing all the hidden files., which I don't want. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find files created some days before?

HI, I have 2 questions. 1> Is there any code to see files that created some day or some time before in a directory??? 2> how or where i will find the last exit status of a process?? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find last 2 days files.

Need to cpy those files which are created or modified in last 2 days. bash$ ll -lrt total 184 drwxr-xr-x 2 ons dce 256 Oct 12 06:58 files -rw-r--r-- 1 ons dce 4313 Oct 14 06:06 cab.ksh -rw-r--r-- 1 ons dce 6 Oct 14 07:03 Code.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the sum of files created 5 days before

Hi, I want to find the sum of all the files created 5 days ago and store it in a variable. (os is HP-UX) can this be extracted from ls -l Is there any other way of getting the sum of all the files created (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies
ff_vxfs(1M)															       ff_vxfs(1M)

NAME
ff_vxfs: ff - fast find: list file names and statistics for a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special... DESCRIPTION
reads the inode list and directories of each special file, assuming it to be a VxFS file system, and prints inode data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the pathname for each saved inode, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in inode order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line pro- duced by is: pathname inumber The pathname is preceded by a dot unless you specify the generic option. The maximum information displays is: pathname inumber size owner The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num days, means less than num days, and num means exactly num days. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. prints summary information to standard error output in addition to the report sent to standard output. Options recognizes the following options: Select a file if the inode has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the inode has been changed in num days. Specify the VxFS file system type. Generate names for any inodes specified in the inode-list. Do not display the inode number after each pathname. Generate a list of all pathnames for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with the inode if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an inode if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each pathname. The default prefix is dot Print only special files and files with set-user-ID mode (VxFS-specific option). Write the file size, in bytes, after each pathname. Write the owner's login name after each pathname. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. Operands recognizes the following operand: special Name of a VxFS file system. EXAMPLES
List the pathnames and inumbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of inumbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified in the last two days displaying the pathname, inumber, and owner's user name List all files on the same file system, including the pathname and inumber of each file, that were last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all pathnames associated with inodes and Execute the command on a VxFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ncheck_vxfs(1M), fstab(4). ff_vxfs(1M)