Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intel binaries on PPC
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Intel binaries on PPC Post 302492332 by rein on Monday 31st of January 2011 03:36:11 AM
Old 01-31-2011
Intel binaries on PPC

Is it possible to run binaries compiled for Intel platforms running on linux on a PPC system running on linux? I have a POWER4 IBM system and like to use it as a linux box with all desktop apps on it.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rogue PPC RPm

Hello, i need to Rogue RPm for PPC, anybody knows where i can get it? Thanks. i am new to Unix, thats why ia m postin here. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ro'Taygahn
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies
EMU8051(1)							   User's Manual							EMU8051(1)

NAME
emu8051 - Simulator/emulator for the Intel 8051 family of microcontrollers SYNOPSIS
emu8051 [OPTION]... [FILENAME] DESCRIPTION
emu8051 is a simulator/emulator for the Intel 8051 family of microcontrollers. It is available in two versions: a console (text-only) ver- sion and a graphical version (using the GTK+ toolkit). This is an Open-Source project. The program can load Intel HEX files. Once loaded, a program can be run (it will run indefinitely or until a breakpoint is encountered). You can also use the STEP button to exe- cute only a single instruction at a time and see the effects on registers and memory. It is written in C++, and uses Perl scripts to generate automatically C++ functions corresponding to each assembly instruction of the 8051 microcontroller. OPTIONS
-h display usage and exit -version output version information and exit CREDITS
emu8051 was originally written by Jonathan St-Andre, Hugo Villeneuve <hugo@hugovil.com> and Pascal Fecteau. COPYRIGHT
emu8051 is free; anyone may redistribute it to anyone under the terms stated in the GNU General Public License. A copy of the license is included in the emu8051 distribution. You can also browse it online at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html emu8051 May 2004 EMU8051(1)