Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fedora 12 on PPC
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fedora 12 on PPC Post 302492331 by rein on Monday 31st of January 2011 03:34:36 AM
Old 01-31-2011
Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rogue PPC RPm

Hello, i need to Rogue RPm for PPC, anybody knows where i can get it? Thanks. i am new to Unix, thats why ia m postin here. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ro'Taygahn
3 Replies

2. Linux

i686, x86 64, ppc

Hi, i am quite new to linux. I am interested in fedora linux distro. Fedora Project I dont know which one to choose, either i686, x86 64 or ppc. I prefer a live cd, coz its easy to use. And what is the difference between "Fedora Desktop Live Media" and "Fedora KDE Live Media". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superblacksmith
3 Replies

3. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Intel binaries on PPC

Is it possible to run binaries compiled for Intel platforms running on linux on a PPC system running on linux? I have a POWER4 IBM system and like to use it as a linux box with all desktop apps on it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies
MKIMAGE(1)						      General Commands Manual							MKIMAGE(1)

NAME
mkimage - Generate image for U-Boot SYNOPSIS
mkimage [options] DESCRIPTION
The mkimage command is used to create images for use with the U-Boot boot loader. These images can contain the linux kernel, device tree blob, root file system image, firmware images etc., either separate or combined. mkimage supports two different formats: The old legacy image format concatenates the individual parts (for example, kernel image, device tree blob and ramdisk image) and adds a 64 bytes header containing information about target architecture, operating system, image type, compression method, entry points, time stamp, checksums, etc. The new FIT (Flattened Image Tree) format allows for more flexibility in handling images of various types and also enhances integrity pro- tection of images with stronger checksums. OPTIONS
List image information: -l [uimage file name] mkimage lists the information contained in the header of an existing U-Boot image. Create old legacy image: -A [architecture] Set architecture. Pass -h as the architecture to see the list of supported architectures. -O [os] Set operating system. bootm command of u-boot changes boot method by os type. Pass -h as the OS to see the list of supported OS. -T [image type] Set image type. Pass -h as the image to see the list of supported image type. -C [compression type] Set compression type. Pass -h as the compression to see the list of supported compression type. -a [load addess] Set load address with a hex number. -e [entry point] Set entry point with a hex number. -n [image name] Set image name to 'image name'. -d [image data file] Use image data from 'image data file'. -x Set XIP (execute in place) flag. Create FIT image: -D [dtc options] Provide special options to the device tree compiler that is used to create the image. -f [image tree source file] Image tree source file that describes the structure and contents of the FIT image. EXAMPLES
List image information: mkimage -l uImage Create legacy image with compressed PowerPC Linux kernel: mkimage -A powerpc -O linux -T kernel -C gzip -a 0 -e 0 -n Linux -d vmlinux.gz uImage Create FIT image with compressed PowerPC Linux kernel: mkimage -f kernel.its kernel.itb HOMEPAGE
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/WebHome AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@nigauri.org> and Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> 2010-05-16 MKIMAGE(1)