Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Self referencing script error message Post 302492318 by DC Slick on Monday 31st of January 2011 02:53:50 AM
Old 01-31-2011
Yea man sorry...totally not clear, that did the trick tho. Just one problem, I'd like the script to know where its at. So no matter which directory it's run from it can grep -n itself to find that error. I don't want a hardcoded path to it in the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with script and syntax error message

Hi I have the following script and have problem debugging the problems. The function of this script is to make sure the entire file is being received (the filesize of a data is not changing after 20 seconds) and start moving the file to another directory. This script should be started every 30mins.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReV
5 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while executing the shell script

Hi All, When I am trying to execute the below shell script I got this error message. script ========== #!/bin/bash /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_10/bin/java - classpath /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar/: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/jarfiles:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyaduwanshi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in shell script

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
3 Replies

5. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Referencing I/O

Is it possible to design a shell script to reference something that queries for input? (This is not to make a script to ssh) For instance if I have a command that when run, it does something like: %<Some command> User's password? Would it be possible to write a script to input something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing error message back to script

I have one script that calls another script during execution. The other script does some processing, then either returns with exit 0 (if successful), or exits with error code numbers (if failed). However, in addition to the error code, I would like for that second script to be able to pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deliver an error message from script?

Hi I have a script that pick up a file on another server, and place it on a solaris server, but I came across the following error: mget HLR01_21092014? 200 Port command successful 150 Opening data channel for file transfer. HLR01_21092014: No space left on device 426 Connection closed;... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

Greeting!! I wrote the below script to e-mail me only file names in a specific directory when a file is delayed for some time in a that directory. I am getting unexpected eof error message. I don't want any email if the folder is blank.(if the condition is not met) I am not getting the email at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

I have this UNIX script code with a query to export sql table in Oracle and export to csv file. The code gets the data correctly. However, when I run the script second time, I got the error message "not spooling currently" and shows the older data in csv file. When I delete the csv file and run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
5 Replies
MAKESH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MAKESH(1)

NAME
makeSH - a .SH script maker SYNOPSIS
makeSH files DESCRIPTION
MakeSH examines one or more scripts and produces a .SH file that, when run under sh, will produce the original script. The .SH script so produced has two sections containing code destined for the output. The first section has variable substitutions performed on it (taking values from config.sh), while the second section does not. MakeSH does not know which variables you want to have substituted, so it puts the whole script into the second section. It's up to you to insert any variable substitutions in the first section for any values you want from config.sh. You should run makeSH from within your top-level directory and use the relative path to the file as an argument, so that the "Extracting ..." line printed while running the produced .SH file later on will give that same path. AUTHOR
Larry Wall <lwall@netlabs.com> SEE ALSO
pat(1), metaconfig(1), makedist(1). BUGS
It could assume that variables from metaconfig's Glossary need to be initialized in the first section, but I'm too lazy to make it do that. LOCAL MAKESH(1)