Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Parsing a linux file and formatting it. Post 302492049 by vgersh99 on Saturday 29th of January 2011 10:44:05 AM
Old 01-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by charithainfadev
Oh! WAIT!! Now I got it... I should not replace ctrlC with control c character. Silly me!!! Smilie AWESOME! AWESOME!! THANKS THANKS THANKS...THANKS A TON!!

---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:12 AM ----------

Yes! it worked! I did that!
I'm glad it worked out for you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Linux partitioned disk mounted on OSOL without formatting

Hello and Merry Christmas... Quick question after tireless search around the web. Description: I have a WD My book world edition II that met an untimely death. However the 2 SATA disks inside seem to be working just fine. Want to add either one of them to my Solaris Desktop. Since I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michnmi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing linux commands through FTP

Hi Techies, I have made a shell script which stores the output of it in a text file. then i wanted to fetch that text file using windows scheduler in my windows xp desktop which i did successfully using the below mentioned ftp .bat file : @echo off @echo ftp_user>ftp_test.scr @echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemnian.g
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Parsing data in XML in Linux

Hi, I have an XML file in Linux and it contains a long string of characters. The last part of the file is like ....... ....... ....... CAD</MarketDescription></InvestorTransaction></AdvisorAccount></DivisionAdvisor></Division>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file

Hi Experts I have a file which looks as follows acttest /report/fieldsinf/acttest/LIVE/acttest Chris New teatin1 /report/fieldsinf/eatin1/TEST/teatin1 Chris New eatin1 /report/fieldsinf/eatin1/LIVE/eatin1 Chris New tbectest ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting data in a raw file by using another mapping file

Hi All, i have a requirement where i need to format the input RAW file ( which is CSV) by using another mapping file(also CSV file). basically i am getting feed file with dynamic headers by using mapping file (in that target field is mapped with source filed) i have to convert the raw file into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi4informatic
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific string parsing in Linux/UNIX

Hi, I have a string which can be completely unstructred. I am looking to parse out values within that String. Here is an example <Random Strings> String1=<some number a> String2=<some number b> String3=<some number c> Satish=<some number d> String4=<some number e> I only want to parse out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishrao
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table like formatting in Linux

Dear experts, I need bit help in formatting .. I have csv file file , i will read that file by passing one column value as input parameter and display header row and corresponding row for that parameter. I have shell script like this: #!/bin/bash #key_word_I_am_looking_for=$1 #awk... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing syslog from Linux

Hello, I'm facing problem to extract fields from below syslog : logver=56 idseq=63256900099118326 itime=1563205190 devid=FG-5KDTB18800138 devname=LAL-C1-FGT-03 vd=USER date=2019-07-15 time=18:39:49 logid="0000000013" type="traffic" subtype="forward" level="notice" eventtime=1563205189... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
17 Replies
Pod::ParseLink(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Pod::ParseLink(3pm)

NAME
Pod::ParseLink - Parse an L<> formatting code in POD text SYNOPSIS
use Pod::ParseLink; my ($text, $inferred, $name, $section, $type) = parselink ($link); DESCRIPTION
This module only provides a single function, parselink(), which takes the text of an L<> formatting code and parses it. It returns the anchor text for the link (if any was given), the anchor text possibly inferred from the name and section, the name or URL, the section if any, and the type of link. The type will be one of "url", "pod", or "man", indicating a URL, a link to a POD page, or a link to a Unix manual page. Parsing is implemented per perlpodspec. For backward compatibility, links where there is no section and name contains spaces, or links where the entirety of the link (except for the anchor text if given) is enclosed in double-quotes are interpreted as links to a section (L</section>). The inferred anchor text is implemented per perlpodspec: L<name> => L<name|name> L</section> => L<"section"|/section> L<name/section> => L<"section" in name|name/section> The name may contain embedded E<> and Z<> formatting codes, and the section, anchor text, and inferred anchor text may contain any formatting codes. Any double quotes around the section are removed as part of the parsing, as is any leading or trailing whitespace. If the text of the L<> escape is entirely enclosed in double quotes, it's interpreted as a link to a section for backward compatibility. No attempt is made to resolve formatting codes. This must be done after calling parselink() (since E<> formatting codes can be used to escape characters that would otherwise be significant to the parser and resolving them before parsing would result in an incorrect parse of a formatting code like: L<verticalE<verbar>barE<sol>slash> which should be interpreted as a link to the "vertical|bar/slash" POD page and not as a link to the "slash" section of the "bar" POD page with an anchor text of "vertical". Note that not only the anchor text will need to have formatting codes expanded, but so will the target of the link (to deal with E<> and Z<> formatting codes), and special handling of the section may be necessary depending on whether the translator wants to consider markup in sections to be significant when resolving links. See perlpodspec for more information. SEE ALSO
Pod::Parser The current version of this module is always available from its web site at <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/podlators/>. AUTHOR
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2001, 2008, 2009 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Pod::ParseLink(3pm)