Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep multiple matches
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep multiple matches Post 302492000 by ctsgnb on Saturday 29th of January 2011 03:37:14 AM
Old 01-29-2011
Help us to help you ... post your code !
what have you tried so far ?
Code:
$ echo "ABC:efg:5:6" | { IFS=: read a b c d ; echo "title:$a author:$b edition:$c whatever:$d" ; }
title:ABC author:efg edition:5 whatever:6
$ echo "ABC:efg:5:6" | { IFS=: read a b c d ; echo "title:$a\nauthor:$b\nedition:$c\nwhatever:$d" ; }
title:ABC
author:efg
edition:5
whatever:6
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending Text To Each Line That Matches Grep

I'm currently digging for a way to append a line to a text file where each line begins with the word "setmqaut". This is a continuation of my IBM MQSeries backup script I'm working on to make my life a little easier. What I would like to do is have each line that looks like this: setmqaut -m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regex matches, groups

Hello, I am searching all over the place for this, just not finding anything solid :( I want to do be able to access the groups that are matched with grep (either with extended regex, or perl compatible regex). For instance: echo "abcd" | egrep "a(b(c(d)))" Of course this returns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rhije
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep - Can I use grep to return a string with exactly n matches?

Hello, I looking to use grep to return a string with exactly n matches. I'm building off this: ls -aLl /bin | grep '^.\{9\}x' | tr -s ' ' -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 vi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 view -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16008 May 25 2008... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/grep returns no matches

Hi all! I've faced with very unintelligible error using find/grep like this: root@v29221:~# find /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru | grep u28507I get nothing as a result, but: root@v29221:~# grep u28507 /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru/_var.inc $db_name = 'u28507';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulrith
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep returns partial matches, I need to get an exact match or nothing

I’m trying to modify someone perl script to fix a bug. The piece of code checks that the zone name you want to add is unique. However, when the code runs, it finds a partial match using grep, and decides it already exists, so the “create” command exits. $cstatus = `${ZADM} list -vic | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grepping multiple matches in a single string

Hi All, I'm trying to grep for 3 patterns in a string of gibberish. It so happens that each line is appended by a date/time stamp and i was able to figure out how to extract only the datetime. here is the string.. i have to display tinker tailor soldier spy Please can some help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take out multiple matches in file2 using file1 as a reference?

Hi guys, As the title, I want to take out the lines in file2 if the TCONS_* matches that in file1. Then put the lines in a file3. The TCONS numbers ranges from TCONS_00000024 to TCONS_00381684. Those numbers are continuous in file2, not in file1. Below is just some lines of file1 and file2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyni2ULF
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding matches between multiple files from different directories

Hi all... Can somebody pls help me with this... I have a directory (dir1) which has many subdirectories(vr001,vr002,vr003..) with each subdir containing similar text file(say ras.txt). I have another directory(dir2) which has again got some subdir(vr001c,vr002c,vr003c..) with each subdir... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramya07
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep -w not printing exact matches

Dear All, Here is my input TAACGCACTTGCGGCCCCGGGATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATGGATT NAGAGGGACGGCCGGGGGCATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGATTTC NGGGTTTTAAGCAGGAGGTGTCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGATTT NTGGAACCTGGCGCTAGACCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATGGATTTTTG ATACTTACCTGGCAGGGGAGATACCATGATCAATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get index values for multiple matches in the same line with awk?

Hi, I know that echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk '{print index($0,"alice")}' 5Will output the index of the first alice match, is there any way to get the index of all matches?, eg: echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk 'unknown magic' 5:18Thanks for your time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilicuil
6 Replies
CLI_SET_PROCESS_TITLE(3)						 1						  CLI_SET_PROCESS_TITLE(3)

cli_set_process_title - Sets the process title

SYNOPSIS
bool cli_set_process_title (string $title) DESCRIPTION
Sets the process title visible in tools such as top and ps. This function is available only in CLI mode. PARAMETERS
o $title - The new title. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS An E_WARNING will be generated if the operating system is unsupported. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cli_set_process_title(3) example <?php $title = "My Amazing PHP Script"; $pid = getmypid(); // you can use this to see your process title in ps if (!cli_set_process_title($title)) { echo "Unable to set process title for PID $pid... "; exit(1); } else { echo "The process title '$title' for PID $pid has been set for your process! "; sleep(5); } ?> SEE ALSO
cli_get_process_title(3), setproctitle(3). PHP Documentation Group CLI_SET_PROCESS_TITLE(3)