Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to open ~/.vim/ in 10.6
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) how to open ~/.vim/ in 10.6 Post 302491859 by c_lady on Friday 28th of January 2011 01:20:19 PM
Old 01-28-2011
Data how to open ~/.vim/ in 10.6

I have MacOSX 10.6, I cannot open this more than 24hours, Google is also not helpful.
Code:
pubxx-xxx:~ xxx$ cd ~/.vim
-bash: cd: /Users/xxx/.vim: No such file or directory
pubxx-xxx:~ xxx$

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

Last edited by Scott; 01-28-2011 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing an open/read, open/write

I'm trying to do two different things (converting an OpenVms .com to a ksh shell script): 1) open/read/err= 2) open/write/err= Any help? I've found some things, but can't seem to find the correct way. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prosserj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help with vim

I use vim for writing code. I was using nano but found that vim is a much advanced editor. I am trying to achieve something like this: When trying a loop or a function, I generally type: function name() {} Now when I take my cursor one position to the left and press the return key, it give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error when using vim to open files

Hi all, 1st post here. I'm on Solaris and currently, I get the following error if I try to use vim to edit anything: Error detected while processing function <SNR>6_initialize: line 2: E697: Missing end of List ']': E116: Invalid arguments for function <SNR>6_defineOption line 3: E10:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fred2028
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window, vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
3 Replies
LURKER-SEARCH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LURKER-SEARCH(1)

NAME
lurker-search -- searches for messages in a lurker database SYNOPSIS
lurker-search [-c <config-file>] [-k <keyword>] [-d -f -i -v -q] [<terms>*] DESCRIPTION
lurker-search searches a lurker database the same way as the web interface. It can output summary information and delete messages. OPTIONS
-c config-file Use this config file for lurker settings. -k keyword Tag the matching messages with this keyword. -d Delete the messages found by this search -f Don't prompt before deleting -i Command line paramers are not search terms, but message IDs. -v Output message summary information -q Don't output message ids or status SEARCH TERMS
Lurker-search accepts these keywords for searching: -xxx select messages which do NOT match this term id:xxx select a message by the Message-ID field rt:xxx select messages which reply to the chosen Message-ID th:xxx select messages included in this thread ml:xxx select messages in this mailing list gr:xxx select messages in this mailing list group au:xxx select messages with this term in the author fields sb:xxx select messages with this word in the subject lang:xxx select messages in this language SEE ALSO
lurker-index(1), lurker-prune(1), lurker-params(1), lurker-list(1) lurker documentation on http://lurker.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002: Wesley W. Terpstra <terpstra@users.sourceforge.net> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. BUGS
Before reporting a bug, please confirm that the bug you found is still present in the latest official release. If the problem persists, then send mail with instructions describing how to reproduce the bug to <lurker-users@lists.sourceforge.net>. LURKER-SEARCH(1)