Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab not playing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab not playing Post 302491801 by Fitch on Friday 28th of January 2011 10:37:30 AM
Old 01-28-2011
Crontab not playing

This is my crontab:
Code:
MAILTO=""

# m h  dom mon dow   command
# Check to see if the fridge door has been left open
* * * * * fridgedoor 

#Get temperature readings from fridge and save to monthly file in Downloads
30 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * * fridge 
40 0 * * * sendfridge

* * * * * fridgedoor doesn't work
But the other two (fridge and sendfridge) do!

Fridgedoor is:

Code:
REAL=$(/usr/bin/digitemp_DS9097 -a -q -o"%.0C" -c /etc/digitemp.conf)
if [ "${REAL}" -ge 1 ] ;then
play /home/brafferton/Downloads/fridge.wav    
fi

Entering "Fridgedoor" on the command line works perfectly, but not in crontab

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 02-01-2011 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Buffering during playing

Hello! Will someone out there pls help in clearifying what is really wrong with my system. I use window 98 as my operating system. I am connected to a proxy server for browsing the net. Whenever l am listening to music online l have the problem of intermitted break in which the playing will... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. SCO

Help! Playing with Xenix!

Hey everyone! I'm trying to retrieve old files from my Xenix computers. So the option I've now come down to is to load up a second harddrive and do a doscp of my tar'd backup file. Now, How do I go about this? I am not a unix user myself so I'm not quite sure. I need help! I have a VERY short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slaughter
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Playing games from another directory?

If "photopia.dat" is a game. To play it, you would normally type "frotz photopia.dat" (assuming you are in the directory where photopia.dat resides). But what if you are in your home directory, photopia.dat is in the newly created "games" directory, and you want to play it without switching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greeky
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with parameters

Can someone help me of doing something like this send.sh #!/bin/bash for last; do true; done echo $* | gammu sendsms TEXT $last every thing is good except that when i launch the script like this ./send.sh This is the message i want to send +63922XXXXXXX it turned out the message of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturo322
2 Replies

6. Linux

Playing with the Linux Scheduler

Hi, To begin with let me explain my system and then I will come to the problem. System: My program forks 2 child processes. These child processes further start 2 user level threads (pthreads) and 2 kernel level threads (kthread). All these threads issue various system calls. I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demigod85
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with httpd.conf

Hello Guys !! wanted to use SED to pull cout the full vertualhost entry for domain which is specified from command line Like (IP base httpd.conf) domain="ServerName takemewithyou.in" sed -n '/<VirtualHost* $domain/,/<\/VirtualHost>/p' httpd.conf File can take to test is below ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command playing with me!

Hello guys, I was working with my data (a tab delimted text file) in Linux and wanted to replace all "NaN" values in my huge table with "NA", so i used the following sed command: sed 's/NaN/NA/g' /filepath -> outputfile.txt The results were good, all "NaN" were replaced with "NA", but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Having issue Playing Netflix.

Hi Friends, I am having an issue playing Netflix. Any idea what might cause the issue? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald0258
5 Replies
GEOIPUPDATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GEOIPUPDATE(1)

NAME
geoipupdate - a program for updating the MaxMind GeoIP databases SYNOPSIS
geoipupdate [-v] [-f licensefile] DESCRIPTION
geoipupdate automatically updates the GeoIP database for GeoIP subscribers. It connects to the MaxMind GeoIP Update server and checks for an updated database. If it finds an updated database, then it downloads it, uncompresses it, and installs it. If you are running a fire- wall, it requires that the DNS and HTTP (80) ports be open. For example geoipupdate -v Performs the update in verbose mode. OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode, prints out the steps that geoipupdate takes. -d Specify a custom directory target to install the GeoIP datafile(s). By default geoipupdate installs to /usr/local/share/GeoIP -f Specifies the configuration file that contains the license key. Defaults to /usr/local/etc/GeoIP.conf USAGE
Typically you'll want to write a weekly crontab that will run geoipupdate. Below is a sample crontab that runs geoipupdate on each Wednes- day at noon: # top of crontab MAILTO=your@email.com 0 12 * * 3 BIN_DIR/geoipupdate # end of crontab RETURN CODES
geoipupdate returns 0 on success, 1 on error. FILES
/usr/local/etc/GeoIP.conf Configuration file for GeoIP, should contain license key. AUTHOR
Written by T.J. Mather REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <support@maxmind.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 MaxMind LLC This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
Visit <http://www.maxmind.com/app/products> to sign up for a GeoIP subscription. geoiplookup(1), crontab(5) 4th Berkeley Distribution 14 May 2006 GEOIPUPDATE(1)