Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run at boot
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run at boot Post 302491731 by kever on Friday 28th of January 2011 06:25:55 AM
Old 01-28-2011
Run at boot

Hi there Smilie!

I've set up my own openSuse server and It's working perfectly, but... Some stuff has to be executed at boot, but it won't. I've tried boot.local and init.d but nothing works. This are the things that needs to be execute:
Code:
# Free the SSH port
killall xinetd

# Run subversion
svnserve -r /svn -d

# Start Trac (after Apache start)
tracd -p 30 --auth="*",/project/passwd,trac -e /project --daemonize

How can I do this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot boot - Boot : Panic : File size out of range (EWS-UX/V unix)

Hey ! I am running EWS-UX/V (Rel 4.2) on NEC EWS/4800/330 station and I am having problems rebooting my station : I am getting the following message on display : BOOT : PANIC : File size out of range. According to user guide, this error is occuring when a file exceeding the limit and/or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredo
2 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

3. Debian

Grub2 (dual boot, dmraid) cannot run Debian6

Hello, firstly excuse for my poor english. I have a busybox error when I try to run Debian 6. It's like Grub cannot find root (initramfs) My system is: - RAID0 with dmraid - /boot ext2 (from moonOS installation --ubuntu based--) - ext4 (moonOS wich have the Grub2 installation, where I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutralTTY
0 Replies

4. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run linux in windows 7 without dual boot?

tell me in steps if its virtual box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahor1989
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

has no rc.local in /etc, how to auto run cmd in the boot process?

Hi I want to run some cmd before the linux boot up and I want to let it run before sshd service start, any helps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot vs run

Hello! Please, what ELSE do we BOOT except of operating systems? Can someone list me at least some programs which we boot and are not OSs? Many thanks¨! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Change run level at boot

for solaris 11, how does one change the run level at boot from 3 to 2? i checked "/etc/inittab" file where i usually change it in other *nix but it seems solaris is not using it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badbanana
1 Replies
svnserve(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       svnserve(8)

NAME
svnserve - Server for the 'svn' repository access method SYNOPSIS
svnserve [options] DESCRIPTION
svnserve allows access to Subversion repositories using the svn network protocol. It can both run as a standalone server process, or it can run out of inetd. You must choose a mode of operation when you start svnserve. The following options are recognized: -d, --daemon Causes svnserve to run in daemon mode. svnserve backgrounds itself and accepts and serves TCP/IP connections on the svn port (3690, by default). --listen-port=port Causes svnserve to listen on port when run in daemon mode. --listen-host=host Causes svnserve to listen on the interface specified by host, which may be either a hostname or an IP address. --foreground When used together with -d, this option causes svnserve to stay in the foreground. This option is mainly useful for debugging. -i, --inetd Causes svnserve to use the stdin/stdout file descriptors, as is appropriate for a daemon running out of inetd. -h, --help Displays a usage summary and exits. --version Print svnserve's version and the repository filesystem back-end(s) a particular svnserve supports. -r root, --root=root Sets the virtual root for repositories served by svnserve. The pathname in URLs provided by the client will be interpreted relative to this root, and will not be allowed to escape this root. -R --read-only Force all write operations through this svnserve instance to be forbidden, overriding all other access policy configuration. Do not use this option to set general repository access policy - that is what the conf/svnserve.conf repository configuration file is for. This option should be used only to restrict access via a certain method of invoking svnserve - for example, to allow write access via SSH, but not via a svnserve daemon, or to create a restricted SSH key which is only capable of read access. -t, --tunnel Causes svnserve to run in tunnel mode, which is just like the inetd mode of operation (serve one connection over stdin/stdout) except that the connection is considered to be pre-authenticated with the username of the current uid. This flag is selected by the client when running over a tunnel agent. --tunnel-user=username When combined with --tunnel, overrides the pre-authenticated username with the supplied username. This is useful in combination with the ssh authorized_key file's "command" directive to allow a single system account to be used by multiple committers, each having a distinct ssh identity. -T, --threads When running in daemon mode, causes svnserve to spawn a thread instead of a process for each connection. The svnserve process still backgrounds itself at startup time. --config-file=filename When specified, svnserve reads filename once at program startup and caches the svnserve configuration and any passwords and authoriza- tion configuration referenced from filename. svnserve will not read any per-repository conf/svnserve.conf files when this option is used. See the svnserve.conf(5) man page for details of the file format for this option. --pid-file=filename When specified, svnserve will write its process ID to filename. -X, --listen-once Causes svnserve to accept one connection on the svn port, serve it, and exit. This option is mainly useful for debugging. Unless the --config-file option was specified on the command line, once the client has selected a repository by transmitting its URL, svnserve reads a file named conf/svnserve.conf in the repository directory to determine repository-specific settings such as what authenti- cation database to use and what authorization policies to apply. See the svnserve.conf(5) man page for details of that file format. SEE ALSO
svnserve.conf(5) svnserve(8)