Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search file for string and store last result to variable Post 302491624 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 27th of January 2011 11:27:06 PM
Old 01-28-2011
Code:
var1=$(grep "energy(sigma->0)=" text.file)
var2=${var1##*= }

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store query multiple result in shell script variable(Array)

:) Suppose,I have one table A. Table A have one column. Table A have 10 rows. I want this 10 rows store into shell script variable. like #!/bin/ksh v_shell_var=Hi here in call oracle , through loop How can I store table A's 10 rows into v_shell_var (Shell Script Array). Regards, Div (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prase a file and store and result to an array

Dear all, I have a file having the following formats: ThreadFail=Web1=1234 ThreadFail=Web2=2345 ThreadFail=Web3=12 ConnectionFail=DB1=11 ConnectionFail=DB2=22 The number of lines will be different from every time . How can I parse the file and store the result to an a array inside... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for string and return binary result?

Hi, I have a problem that I am sure someone will know the answer to. Currently I have a script which returns a binary output if it finds a certain search string (in this case relating to a DRBD cluster) as follows: searchstring="cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate" && echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: almightybunghol
3 Replies

5. Programming

how to store string in variable

sorry i'm newbies c programer how to store string to variable with value flexible. example int hh=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; int xx=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; char test="value=%d and value=%d",hh,xx; --> not working char test2="value2=%d and value2=%d",hh,xx; --> not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store result of grep into a variable?

In a directory i have a file *output* whose contents are changing for every simulation. zgrep "trace file is" *output* | zgrep g o/p: trace file is Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz I want to extract "Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz" from the above result into a variable. i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string from a file and store it in variable

Hi, I've a file ImageSizeDetails.txt with the following contents: Image Name: swncd 01.10.00.04 Created: Wed Jan 9 14:05:48 2013 Image Type: ARM Linux Multi-File Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 7351011 Bytes = 7178.72 kB = 7.01 MB Load Address: 00008000 Entry Point: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store result variable

Friends have the following problem: cat $PATH_DAT/mr.txt | nawk 'BEGIN { CantPnt=0; NumReg=0; FS="|" } { NumReg++ CantPnt=CantPnt+int($2) } END{ printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to store result in variable for other lines in script to use

I can not figure out how to capture the $filename variable store by the bash. #!/bin/bash # oldest folder stored as variable for analysis, version log created, and quality indicators matched to run dir=/home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/test find "$dir" -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with how to search a file for a variable string and delete that line

Hi, I have a working script. It does what I am intending it to but a bit confused whether the sed part is supposed to be working or not. Further down is the script with the sed part that should have been working but not and the grep -v part which is the workaround that I am using at the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
10 Replies
gnome-search-tool(1)					      General Commands Manual					      gnome-search-tool(1)

NAME
gnome-search-tool - the GNOME Search Tool SYNOPSIS
gnome-search-tool [options] or select Search for Files... from a Main Menu or from the Places menu in a Menu Bar DESCRIPTION
GNOME Search Tool is a utility for finding files on your system. To perform a basic search, you can type a filename or a partial filename, with or without wildcards. To refine your search, you can apply additional search options. GNOME Search Tool uses the find, grep, and locate UNIX commands. The case sensitivity of the search depends on your operating system. For example, on Linux, the find, grep, and locate commands support the -i option, so all searches are case-insensitive. For full documentation see the GNOME Search Tool online help. OPTIONS
--help Show help message --named=STRING Set the text of "Name contains" search option --path=PATH Set the text of "Look in folder" search option --sortby=VALUE Sort files by one of the following: name, folder, size, type, or date --descending Set sort order to descending, the default is ascending --start Automatically start a search --contains=STRING Select and set the "Contains the text" search option --mtimeless=DAYS Select and set the "Date modified less than" search option --mtimemore=DAYS Select and set the "Date modified more than" search option --sizemore=KILOBYTES Select and set the "Size at least" search option --sizeless=KILOBYTES Select and set the "Size at most" search option --empty Select the "File is empty" search option --user=USER Select and set the "Owned by user" search option --group=GROUP Select and set the "Owned by group" search option --nouser Select the "Owner is unrecognized" search option --notnamed=STRING Select and set the "Name does not contain" search option --regex=PATTERN Select and set the "Name matches regular expression" search option --hidden Select the "Show hidden and backup files" search option --follow Select the "Follow symbolic links" search option --mounts Select the "Exclude other filesystems" search option AUTHOR
GNOME Search Tool was originally written by George Lebl (<jirka@5z.com>). Version 2 was written by Dennis M. Cranston (<den- nis_cranston@yahoo.com>). This manual page was originally written by Jochen Voss <voss@mathematik.uni-kl.de>. Version 2 was written by Dennis M. Cranston (<den- nis_cranston@yahoo.com>). SEE ALSO
find(1), locate(1), grep(1) gnome-utils 2.27.1 March 16 2009 gnome-search-tool(1)