Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can EtherChannel be a redundancy config? Post 302491598 by zxmaus on Thursday 27th of January 2011 09:33:57 PM
Old 01-27-2011
the same - it will just failover to the other adapter as the failover is happening when the ping fails for whatever reason.

Regards
zxmaus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

EtherChannel network redundance problem

Problem description: On the condition of EtherChannel function of AIX, when the data exchange between the nodes on the network, there sometimes lost datat packets and cause the application failed. Once we deconfig EtherChannel and use the single adapter configuration, the application works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Port Redundancy

Dears, I have server has two port's(Enet0,Enet1) what I want as follows: Make the two port's has same IP address where, if the port Enet0 became down automaticly Enet1 become up :confused: . Amen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amen00
4 Replies

3. AIX

Problem with Etherchannel

I'm trying to configure Etherchannel on AIX 5.3 and I'm having some problems. I am aggregating both of the onboard NIC's (ent0 and ent1) into a new adapter ent2 for failover reasons obviously. At first I was experiencing a problem where about 50% of all my packets would be dropped. Then after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
4 Replies

4. AIX

AIX / Etherchannel / VLANs

I have 1 AIX server, 4 dual ported fiber attached ethernet cards and 4 VLANS coming in. Is it possible to present those 8 ports as 1 IP address using etherchannel? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
5 Replies

5. AIX

Pb Etherchannel/deconnexion port reseau

Hello, On a partition with AIX 5300-11-01-0944. 1 etherchannel ent9 with aggregation ent3/ent7. # lsdev |grep ent ... ent3 Available 07-01 4-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express Adapter (14106803) ... ent7 Available 0A-01 4-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-Express... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trunk
2 Replies

6. AIX

EtherChannel interface ping pelicularity

I have few AIX servers in my data center, which have their EtherChannel configured to have a fat pipe (active/active) and a nagios server to monitor the server uptimes. Nagios server pings every server in the data center and we have pretty much every known unix flavor in this data center. When... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
3 Replies

7. AIX

Aggregated Etherchannel

Hi, I have a AIX5.3 P6-520 with 8x1Gb Ethernet ports with possible connections to 2 CISCO 2960 switches. I can create 8023ad Etherchannels which work correctly with the switches (I have set up for LACP passive and a valid channels) But can create 2x 8023ad 4Gb Etherchannels with no backups.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitzie
2 Replies

8. AIX

Etherchannel failover testing

Hi Guys, I am trying to test an etherchannel failover and switchback. I did failover from primary to backup adapter, but now I am not able to switch it back to primary. phcxxxxx:/ > entstat -d ent4 | grep Active Active channel: backup adapter ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies
if_mpadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      if_mpadm(1M)

NAME
if_mpadm - change operational status of interfaces within a multipathing group SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/if_mpadm -d interface_name /usr/sbin/if_mpadm -r interface_name DESCRIPTION
Use the if_mpadm utility to change the operational status of interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. If the interface is operational, you can use if_mpadm -d to detach or off-line the interface. If the interface is off-lined, use if_mpadm -r to revert it to its original state. When a network interface is off-lined, all network access fails over to a different interface in the IP multipathing group. Any addresses that do not failover are brought down. Network access includes unicast, broadcast, and multicast for IPv4 and unicast and multicast for IPv6. Addresses marked with IFF_NOFAILOVER do not failover. They are marked down. After an interface is off-lined, the system will not use the interface for any outbound or inbound traffic, and the interface can be safely removed from the system without any loss of network access. The if_mpadm utility can be applied only to interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. OPTIONS
The if_mpadm utility supports the following options: -d interface_name Detach or off-line the interface specified by interface_name. -r interface_name Reattach or undo the previous detach or off-line operation on the interface specified by interface_name. Unless the -d option was used to detach or off-line the interface, this option will fail. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Detaching an Interface Use the following command to off-line or detach the interface. All network access will failover from hme0 to other interfaces in the same IP multipathing group. If no other interfaces are in the same group, the operation will fail. example% if_mpadm -d hme0 Example 2: Reattaching an Off-line Interface Use the following command to undo the previous operation. Network access will failback to hme0. example% if_mpdadm -r hme0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), in.mpathd(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
off-line failed as there is no other functional interface available in the multipathing group for failing over the network access. This message means that other interfaces in the group are failed over already or the multipathing configuration was not suitable for com- pleting a failover. off-line cannot be undone because multipathing configuration is not consistent across all the interfaces in the group. This message means that some interfaces in the IP multipathing group are not configured consistently with other interfaces in the group, for example, one of the interfaces in the group does not have an IFF_NOFAILOVER address. SunOS 5.10 3 Sep 2002 if_mpadm(1M)