Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl split and join
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl split and join Post 302491575 by fpmurphy on Thursday 27th of January 2011 07:43:09 PM
Old 01-27-2011
Code:
use strict;
use warnings;

my @file_type = split(/,/, $ARGV[1]);
foreach (@file_type) {
    $_ = "\\.".$_;
}

print join(" ", @file_type), "\n";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

join 2 array in perl?

Hi guys, Can anyone tell me how to join 2 array together? @array1=("abc", "def"); @array2=("xyz", "uuu"); @join_array = fun(@array1,@array2); # @join_array == ("abc", "def", "xyz", "uuu") any function can do what fun(@@) does? thanks Gusla (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split question perl

I am interested in 2 and 36th fields in this input file. I was wondering if there was a more efficeint way to do this. ($pt1,$bkup_name,$pt3,$pt4,$pt5,$pt6,$pt7,$pt8,$pt9, $pt10,$pt11,$pt12,$pt13,$pt14,$pt15,$pt16,$pt17, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split Command in Perl

Hi, I have to split a line of the form 1232423#asdf#124324#54534#dcfg#wert#rrftt#4567 into an array in perl. I am using @fields; @fields=split('#',$line); if($fields eq "1") But this is not working. By using the syntax, the statements in "if" are never executed. Please help.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use split function in perl

Hello, if i have file like this: 010000890306932455804 05306977653873 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC30693599000 30971360000 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ202011302942311 010000890306946317387 05306977313623 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC306942190000 30971360000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join multiple Split files in Unix

Hi, I have a big file of 50GB size. I need copy it to a second ftp from a ftp. I am not able to do the full 50GB transfer as it timesout after some time. SO i am trying to split the file into 5gb each 10 files with the below command. split -b 5368709120 pack.tar.gz backup.gz After I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

PERL split function

Hi... I have a question regarding the split function in PERL. I have a very huge csv file (more than 80 million records). I need to extract a particular position(eg : 50th position) of each line from the csv file. I tried using split function. But I realized split takes a very long time. Also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: castle
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join Function in PERL

Hi, Can any one please let me know, how to join the lines in a file, but based one a condition. There is a file, where few lines start with a date stamp. and few do not. I wanted to join the lines till I find a date stamp. If found date its should in a newline. Please help me. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankful123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split function

my @d =split('\|', $_); west|ACH|3|Y|LuV|N||N|| Qt|UWST|57|Y|LSV|Y|Bng|N|KT| It Returns d as 8 for First Line, and 9 as for Second Line . I want to Process Both the Files, How to Handle It. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to split big file on HP-UX and join on Windows?

Hi HP-admins, I have 120GB file on HP-UX and need to split to 4GB pieces and join them on Windows. As I don't want to use zipsplit, tried to use split command and join on windows using "copy /b" but it doesn't work (It merges and creates new file but file is corrupt) What is the correct... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split and array

Hello, I have the following code: while ($line = <fd_in>) { 126 $line = " " . $line ; 127 print "our_line:$line\n"; 128 @list = split (/\s+/, $line) ; 129 print "after_split:@list\n"; 130 print "$list\t$list\t$list\t$list\t$list\t$list$list\t\n"; 131 $len =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
2 Replies
POSTALIAS(1)						      General Commands Manual						      POSTALIAS(1)

NAME
postalias - Postfix alias database maintenance SYNOPSIS
postalias [-Nfinrvw] [-c config_dir] [-d key] [-q key] [file_type:]file_name ... DESCRIPTION
The postalias command creates or queries one or more Postfix alias databases, or updates an existing one. The input and output file formats are expected to be compatible with Sendmail version 8, and are expected to be suitable for the use as NIS alias maps. While a database update is in progress, signal delivery is postponed, and an exclusive, advisory, lock is placed on the entire database, in order to avoid surprises in spectator programs. Options: -N Include the terminating null character that terminates lookup keys and values. By default, Postfix does whatever is the default for the host operating system. -c config_dir Read the main.cf configuration file in the named directory instead of the default configuration directory. -d key Search the specified maps for key and remove one entry per map. The exit status is zero when the requested information was found. If a key value of - is specified, the program reads key values from the standard input stream. The exit status is zero when at least one of the requested keys was found. -f Do not fold the lookup key to lower case while creating or querying a map. -i Incremental mode. Read entries from standard input and do not truncate an existing database. By default, postalias creates a new database from the entries in file_name. -n Don't include the terminating null character that terminates lookup keys and values. By default, Postfix does whatever is the default for the host operating system. -q key Search the specified maps for key and print the first value found on the standard output stream. The exit status is zero when the requested information was found. If a key value of - is specified, the program reads key values from the standard input stream and prints one line of key: value out- put for each key that was found. The exit status is zero when at least one of the requested keys was found. -r When updating a table, do not warn about duplicate entries; silently replace them. -v Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. Multiple -v options make the software increasingly verbose. -w When updating a table, do not warn about duplicate entries; silently ignore them. Arguments: file_type The type of database to be produced. btree The output is a btree file, named file_name.db. This is available only on systems with support for db databases. dbm The output consists of two files, named file_name.pag and file_name.dir. This is available only on systems with support for dbm databases. hash The output is a hashed file, named file_name.db. This is available only on systems with support for db databases. When no file_type is specified, the software uses the database type specified via the database_type configuration parameter. The default value for this parameter depends on the host environment. file_name The name of the alias database source file when rebuilding a database. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems are logged to the standard error stream. No output means no problems were detected. Duplicate entries are skipped and are flagged with a warning. postalias terminates with zero exit status in case of success (including successful postmap -q lookup) and terminates with non-zero exit status in case of failure. ENVIRONMENT
MAIL_CONFIG Directory with Postfix configuration files. MAIL_VERBOSE Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf parameters are especially relevant to this program. See the Postfix main.cf file for syntax details and for default values. database_type Default alias database type. On many UNIX systems, the default type is either dbm or hash. STANDARDS
RFC 822 (ARPA Internet Text Messages) SEE ALSO
aliases(5) format of alias database input file. sendmail(1) mail posting and compatibility interface. LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA POSTALIAS(1)