Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Assistance with gzipping files with same names Post 302491456 by Corona688 on Thursday 27th of January 2011 01:25:54 PM
Old 01-27-2011
How are the .[0-9] filenames decided? We'll have to see your script to fix it of course.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tarring and gzipping dump files

Say I want to transfer several dump files from a Solaris machine onto a Win2k machine for storage. It was suggested that I tar and gzip the dump files before doing so. Is it completely necessary to use both of these utilities, or is it sufficient to compress multiple dump files into one gzip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PSC
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent Need for Assistance: Triggering Windows bat files from UNIX

Hello, Is there a way to trigger a Windows bat file or program on a different machine from a different UNIX server using KSC file? I hope you can assist me with this. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzipping large (2+ gb) files.

Is it possible? I am trying to do it with gzip 1.2.4 and it comes back saying the file type is too large. Any way to compress massive things? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd to multiple directories and gzipping files within

I am working on a Korn shell script that will cd into multiple directories that are listed in a flat file and gzip the contents of each directory. So far, this is what I have: 1) Find the 4 largest directories and place them into the file foo du -sk /some/directory/* | sort -rn | head -4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance with regex and config files

I am trying to write a shell script that will such in data from a config file. The script should mount device nodes that are contained in a config file in the following format: # filesystem type # read/write #device # Mount Point xfs w ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pryker
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance with combining, sorting and saving multi files into one new file

Good morning. I have a piece of code that is currently taking multiple files and using the CAT.exe command to combine into one file that is then sorted in reverse order based on the 3rd field of the file, then displayed on screen. I am trying to change this so that the files are being combined into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaacmmason
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance for sorting files

Hi there, I have tried using the "find" command to do this but to no avail as the "find -mtime" command I used descend to the directories from my current working directory. Say in "directoryA" has multiple files and those files are created on a daily basis. Under "directoryB", there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chewku
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance with an awk code to split files but keep the header

---------- Post updated at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- Hello all I have an awk code that successfully creates separate text files based on the first six letters of the second field. What it doesn't do is preserve the header into each resulting file. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: colecandoo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)